Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my 06 bighorn 2500 for a new 2016 rebel (red / black) a couple of weeks ago. I love the truck! I've only had a chance to drive it a few days before getting called back to work on an offshore drilling vessel (oil and gas). I will be looking for some good ideas to for accessories and improvements. I would like to get it close as possible to the Rebel X.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you're offshore, are you there quite a while? If so, what do you do to the truck to keep the battery from draining, etc.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're offshore, are you there quite a while? If so, what do you do to the truck to keep the battery from draining, etc.?
The longest I've ever been away was eight weeks. Didn't have any battery problems, but of course I had a jeep with optima red tops in it. Don't know if that really made a difference or not. Never had any battery problems except for battery terminal corrosion with another brand of battery.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The longest I've ever been away was eight weeks. Didn't have any battery problems, but of course I had a jeep with optima red tops in it. Don't know if that really made a difference or not. Never had any battery problems except for battery terminal corrosion with another brand of battery.
Hmmm. I've noticed my last couple of Rams tend to drain the battery in 3-4 weeks, even a new battery. Power drain through some of the systems which are always on, like the radio/computer for remote access. Enough that I decided next time I leave that long, I'll probably use a battery tender. Was thinking you might have experience with one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmmm. I've noticed my last couple of Rams tend to drain the battery in 3-4 weeks, even a new battery. Power drain through some of the systems which are always on, like the radio/computer for remote access. Enough that I decided next time I leave that long, I'll probably use a battery tender. Was thinking you might have experience with one.

John what do you do that your away a long time ?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm retired now, no longer doing that work, but it involved deployments, training, and more. We do go on extended vacations in places where it's not possible to drive a vehicle. Last year we went to Hawaii for a multi-week trip. Woulda been a long, wet drive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm retired now, no longer doing that work, but it involved deployments, training, and more. We do go on extended vacations in places where it's not possible to drive a vehicle. Last year we went to Hawaii for a multi-week trip. Woulda been a long, wet drive.

I'm sure you know this, but the app could help with the issue of the battery. You could remote start it and let it run for a few min to keep the battery up.

I use that feature all the time. I work at a mill and by the time I get out to my truck on a hot day it's nice and cool. I use the uconnect app to start it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm sure you know this, but the app could help with the issue of the battery. You could remote start it and let it run for a few min to keep the battery up.

I use that feature all the time. I work at a mill and by the time I get out to my truck on a hot day it's nice and cool. I use the uconnect app to start it.
It probably would. Depends on my memory for doing that while I'm on the other side of the planet. Plus wouldn't I have to subscribe to Uconnect? I have a 2015 - that starter subscription ran out already and I have no need for the service. I didn't use it at all except to test it once or twice. Seems like a $48 tending device is more reliable and cost effective than Uconnect?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts