Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
It seems to come with a lot of the mods I've already made to my rebel. I'm just missing the blue stripe on the side and the black hood stripes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my first look at the black version in this vid:

Looks to me to be a gloss black and not that brilliant crystal stuff they are saying it will come in. Although I agree with what most are saying out there, with respect to this "Special Edition" offering nothing special at all, it would interest me if it where in a gloss black. For that matter, any of the high impact colors would have been nice. I'm not a fan of the brilliant black crystal pearl but, as my choices were limited, that's what I got.

We've seen how FCA has marketed the Rebel & '17 Power wagon with the blacked out lights in the past. My guess is, this Mopar '16 "pre-production" was painted in a gloss black for marketing but, will not be what you'll get. Shame, love the Rebel but wish we could get our choices of colors. If this Edition came in gloss black, I'd trade my BeaSSt in just for the paint.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got my first look at the black version in this vid:

Looks to me to be a gloss black and not that brilliant crystal stuff they are saying it will come in. Although I agree with what most are saying out there, with respect to this "Special Edition" offering nothing special at all, it would interest me if it where in a gloss black. For that matter, any of the high impact colors would have been nice. I'm not a fan of the brilliant black crystal pearl but, as my choices were limited, that's what I got.

We've seen how FCA has marketed the Rebel & '17 Power wagon with the blacked out lights in the past. My guess is, this Mopar '16 "pre-production" was painted in a gloss black for marketing but, will not be what you'll get. Shame, love the Rebel but wish we could get our choices of colors. If this Edition came in gloss black, I'd trade my BeaSSt in just for the paint.

unfortunately , this isn't true !

·
Registered
176 Posts
How so? Evidence? Facts? Why would Fast Lane Truck lie?

It seems like this is FCA's answer to everyone asking for the Rebel-X but with only half the add-ons and some bling for $10k.
Wrote to Mopar, just awaiting a response from them to see if it is true, dealer thinks its just a bogus ploy to get people to buy more rebels. yes they have videos showing the Mopar 16 Rebel with your special birth certificate and special mopar rebel little flash light and bottle opener, Big Whoop, do you really need that to have a numbered Rebel.
Seriously!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, New to the site. I presently own a Ram 1500 ecodiesel and although I love the truck, I am not a fan of the DEF and I only drive about 3 mins to work so it needs longer rides to actualy activate the cleaning and pisses me off once a week in the winter because I have to take it for a 20 min ride even if I'm not going anywhere. Other then that, great truck. Now I have the Rebel Mopar 16 waiting to be picked up on tuesday and I'm physched. I chose that Mopar edition for a few reason but mostly because of 2. The first being that it is a numbered vehicle and I kinda like that, and the second is that I priced a regular Rebel out and the reg came out more money with everything that the Mopar already had on it. I know some are going to say that you can put all that stuff on there for cheaper but I always calculate my time @ 35$ an hour while doing anything on a new vehicle to get it where I want it because thats time I could be working and making that kind of money. I was extremely blown away when I went to the dealer on Friday and they said it came with 2 sets of rims ....the reg Rebel rims and the Satin Blacks. Needless to say a set of rims even the cheapest ones are at least 1000$ here in Can so the 2500$ premium for the rebel just went way down. I'm not saying the Mopar is better in any way but I liked the added things on it and the fact that they come stock on it is a time saver for me. I'll be only having to add tires....which are already installed on the satin rims lol 35 x 17 Cepeck Extreme Country's and maybe a tailgate dampener.

Anyways, that is my story and thought I would share it. Hopefully I will be able to upload som pics and a vid with the sound of the cat back.

Have a great day all and Keep those Rebels between the lines!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys, New to the site. I presently own a Ram 1500 ecodiesel and although I love the truck, I am not a fan of the DEF and I only drive about 3 mins to work so it needs longer rides to actualy activate the cleaning and pisses me off once a week in the winter because I have to take it for a 20 min ride even if I'm not going anywhere. Other then that, great truck. Now I have the Rebel Mopar 16 waiting to be picked up on tuesday and I'm physched. I chose that Mopar edition for a few reason but mostly because of 2. The first being that it is a numbered vehicle and I kinda like that, and the second is that I priced a regular Rebel out and the reg came out more money with everything that the Mopar already had on it. I know some are going to say that you can put all that stuff on there for cheaper but I always calculate my time @ 35$ an hour while doing anything on a new vehicle to get it where I want it because thats time I could be working and making that kind of money. I was extremely blown away when I went to the dealer on Friday and they said it came with 2 sets of rims ....the reg Rebel rims and the Satin Blacks. Needless to say a set of rims even the cheapest ones are at least 1000$ here in Can so the 2500$ premium for the rebel just went way down. I'm not saying the Mopar is better in any way but I liked the added things on it and the fact that they come stock on it is a time saver for me. I'll be only having to add tires....which are already installed on the satin rims lol 35 x 17 Cepeck Extreme Country's and maybe a tailgate dampener.

Anyways, that is my story and thought I would share it. Hopefully I will be able to upload som pics and a vid with the sound of the cat back.

Have a great day all and Keep those Rebels between the lines!

Hey man, I also have a Mopar '16 and I got #188! Which is yours? Also did you get the Owners Kit that I keep reading about cuz I think my dealership swindled me and I'm wondering if I should call them 2moro.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Irish! Mine is # 373. I did not get that Owner's kit yet but I also haven't picked mine up yet. When I took it out for the test drive I got a rock in the windshield and the dealer had to replace it. I will let you know about the Kit though as even my dealer had no clue about it lol.

Did you get 2 sets of rims with yours as well? Just wondering if it was somekind of error or they actually all come with both sets. How are you liking it so far?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Irish! Mine is # 373. I did not get that Owner's kit yet but I also haven't picked mine up yet. When I took it out for the test drive I got a rock in the windshield and the dealer had to replace it. I will let you know about the Kit though as even my dealer had no clue about it lol.

Did you get 2 sets of rims with yours as well? Just wondering if it was somekind of error or they actually all come with both sets. How are you liking it so far?
Yes I did get an extra set of rims, the satin black, all boxed up and tied down in the bed. I'm saving up to wrap all 4 of them in tires so I can have two full sets. I'm going to call my dealer 2moro because the more I read the more I'm sure we should be getting a kit with knick knacks and a metal birth certificate. Either way I love it. I can't stop staring at it because it's the nicest thing I've owned haha!! But I'm the envy of all my buddies and I even got a compliment from a fellow Mopar brother at the gas station recently :) true head turner and feel good ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The owner kits with the birth certificates, etc have not been shipped out to the dealers yet.

As for your second set of wheels, the dealer was supposed to put the black beadlock capable wheels on the truck prior to delivery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The owner kits with the birth certificates, etc have not been shipped out to the dealers yet.

As for your second set of wheels, the dealer was supposed to put the black beadlock capable wheels on the truck prior to delivery.
Mine came with the black ones in the bed and the regular stock ones on the truck. I kinda like the look of the stock ones for now. my dealer is over an hour away and I'm afraid they'll try and charge me to switch them?

·
Registered
57 Posts

Do you have any idea when they will have them? Or should I ask them and try and figure it out? Maybe contact Mopar directly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine came with the black ones in the bed and the regular stock ones on the truck. I kinda like the look of the stock ones for now. my dealer is over an hour away and I'm afraid they'll try and charge me to switch them?
If you ever want to sell those satin black ones let me know ;) I like the stock look but I will probably get an aftermarket set since mine didn't come with the black ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine about a week ago, black #54

Mine only came with the black wheels on it, no extra set.

I asked about the owners kit and was told that Ram should be sending them out to the new owners 4-6 weeks from when the truck was purchased.

Did any of yours come with rear parksense assist? I had it on my 13 Sport that I traded in and just assumed it was standard with the back up camera but its MIA on the new one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.