Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 Ram Rebel in late 2018 and love the truck. I did not buy the extended warranty when I purchased it with the thought process that I may not keep it long term. Well, it's a keeper but now I have 34k miles so I called Mopar direct and got a quote for a 7 year unlimited mileage. I'm putting on 25-30k miles a year so I think the unlimited mileage is the way to go. The guy I spoke to quoted me at $4,145. Everything I have read tells me to go with Mopar direct and not deal with a cheaper 2nd class operation only to be denied on claims. Are these prices negotiable or are they set in stone? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
94 Posts
I’m not sure, but I paid $5k for a number to bumper 100k mike warrentee for a lifetime.
being the small amount of miles I put on with my short work commute, it’s highly likely I won’t break 100k in 10-15 years. So hopefully they hold up.
this is on a 2020 Rebel

·
Registered
62 Posts
The prices are definitely negotiable. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BUT A MOPAR WARRANTY FOR YOUR MOPAR!!!

The MaxCare Plus is the best Mopar warranty out there. Covers nearly everything that is not a wear and tear items.I have a 2019 Rebel I factory ordered in late 2018 and it was delivered on 12/15/18. Sadly, Mopar stopped offering the Lifetime MaxCare on 12/1/18.
When I shop Mopar warranties, I get the best price anywhere on https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9b_4BRCMARIsADMUIyrChBe4lepgIEQNE8NVFByKPDY6LhnUI-b_kazyPXUa7fTTM07pUA8aAjPkEALw_wcB then o get the dealer to beat the online price by $200, every time! When they say why would we do that... tell them commission and stats. They get bonuses for selling more and more...

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2019 Ram Rebel in late 2018 and love the truck. I did not buy the extended warranty when I purchased it with the thought process that I may not keep it long term. Well, it's a keeper but now I have 34k miles so I called Mopar direct and got a quote for a 7 year unlimited mileage. I'm putting on 25-30k miles a year so I think the unlimited mileage is the way to go. The guy I spoke to quoted me at $4,145. Everything I have read tells me to go with Mopar direct and not deal with a cheaper 2nd class operation only to be denied on claims. Are these prices negotiable or are they set in stone? Any comments would be appreciated.
I bought my 2017 Rebel in March of 2017 so this is obviously outdated but I got the lifetime warranty thru the dealer when I bought the truck. It’s an FCA warranty and you can bring the truck to any FCA dealer in North America, Puerto Rico, and Guam (not planning on driving there any time soon). They first offered it for ~$3800 but I talked them down to ~$3200. So as long as it’s thru FCA (and things haven’t changed) you should be able to get the numbers down. I was skeptical about ‘lifetime’ so I got them to explain that they fix everything bumper to bumper with a $100 deductible (except consumables like brake pads and tires) until there is something that costs more than the truck is worth. In that case they fix the truck and the warranty is finished. I figured even if I need an engine in 15 years, the truck will still be worth more than that so I bought it. And if you never have anything that expensive, my warranty info online says it expires at 999,999 miles or May 2099. This particular version of the lifetime warranty wasn’t offered for much longer after I got my truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts