Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to confirm the part numbers to order a complete set of skid plates. Does anyone know if these will work. It's kinda hard to tell as some websites don't specifically say if they are for 2016 or Rebel specific. I'm assuming they are since not much has changed. Looks like they are a simple install bolting right on. Let me know if anyone has experience with these numbers and/or installed them. Here they are:

Transfer case. 82210021AC
Power Steering. 82214241AB
Front Suspension 82210014AC (note some sites don't have the AC listed after the number though.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Good question, don't know but interested if anyone does

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanna know too. Mine didn't come with them . Figured since I bought that ridiculous overpriced warranty I can offroad without them and make them pay for broken stuff!!

Q

·
0 Posts
I'm trying to confirm the part numbers to order a complete set of skid plates. Does anyone know if these will work. It's kinda hard to tell as some websites don't specifically say if they are for 2016 or Rebel specific. I'm assuming they are since not much has changed. Looks like they are a simple install bolting right on. Let me know if anyone has experience with these numbers and/or installed them. Here they are:

Front Suspension 82210014AC (note some sites don't have the AC listed after the number though.

Thanks in advance.
You could always check thru this site and see if you can find them and order them from here also, Link attached.2009-2016 Ram 1500 Mopar Accessories

Q

·
0 Posts
Skid Plates
Part # 82214241AB
Categories: Lifestyle & Off-Road Accessories
MSRP $79.00 Price may vary by dealer

·
Registered
63 Posts
My rebel has the skid plate package and what I find strange is that ram didnt protect the trans pan. Seems kinda half ass If you ask me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanna know too. Mine didn't come with them . Figured since I bought that ridiculous overpriced warranty I can offroad without them and make them pay for broken stuff!!
My rebel has the skid plate package and what I find strange is that ram didnt protect the trans pan. Seems kinda half ass If you ask me.
Cracked my trans pan with a rock or stick that hit it gonna cost me around $1200 to get it fixed. Expensive warranty didn't cover it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which one (if any) are the Skid Plate Package that you can get with the truck? My truck didn't have the skid plate package, and I'm looking at getting some. Wondering if I should get the same one offered with a new truck, or go with the Mopar (or are they the same)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The protection package only comes with the transfer case, & front suspension skid plates. I ordered the power steering plate to finish off the package. It has not arrived yet, but from what I have read it should bolt up fairly easy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The protection package only comes with the transfer case, & front suspension skid plates. I ordered the power steering plate to finish off the package. It has not arrived yet, but from what I have read it should bolt up fairly easy.
Let me know how it goes. I was looking at doing the same thing.. Apparently is just 4 rivnuts and the plate.. not too complicated assuming you can handle the rivnuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The factory kit came with everything you need, even the tool to insert the rivnuts. It took about 5 minutes to insert the rivnuts, then run the 4 bolts in and mount the skid plate. Just a little extra protection for the front end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks in advance.
So we're these the correct numbers then? I saw that there was a post that it even included the tool to install. Please confirm. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only part I can confirm is the PS skid plate. that is the correct part number. Yes it came with a socket tool to help install the rivnuts, all the hardware to install, and a full instections on how to install it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone else who opted for the 'Protection Group' noticed that it left out the Power Steering Skid Plate... Seems odd to include the Transfer case and front suspension plates, and no PS plate (?)

Also, since apparently MOPAR doesn't make one, has anyone sourced a good transmission skid plate?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone else who opted for the 'Protection Group' noticed that it left out the Power Steering Skid Plate... Seems odd to include the Transfer case and front suspension plates, and no PS plate (?)

Also, since apparently MOPAR doesn't make one, has anyone sourced a good transmission skid plate?
I looked everywhere for a transmission skid, didn't find one so made my own.

2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L with factory skids.

Factory protection package only gives you two skid plates. There is a third skid available from factory (power steering) but it must be purchased separately and installed. I did that within a month of purchasing.

There is no protection for the rear of the oil pan and entire transmission pan. Searching the aftermarket came up empty so I made my own.

Materials:
12"x36" hot rolled 3/16" thick steel plate and three 3/4"x3/4"x1/8" angle for stiffness.

I had to bend the steel plate in 5 places to accommodate the non-flat cross member up front and the exhaust crossover further back. I picked up the factory skid plate mounting holes up front and drilled two new holes in cross member behind exhaust crossover to mount transmission skid.

I drilled a hole for my Fumoto valve hose to make oil changes clean. Hose drains directly into a recycle jug, not an oil drain pan. The skid plate protects the Fumoto valve well. IMG_2344.jpg IMG_2345.jpg IMG_2346.jpg IMG_2347.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
I looked everywhere for a transmission skid, didn't find one so made my own.

2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L with factory skids.

Factory protection package only gives you two skid plates. There is a third skid available from factory (power steering) but it must be purchased separately and installed. I did that within a month of purchasing.

There is no protection for the rear of the oil pan and entire transmission pan. Searching the aftermarket came up empty so I made my own.

Materials:
12"x36" hot rolled 3/16" thick steel plate and three 3/4"x3/4"x1/8" angle for stiffness.

I had to bend the steel plate in 5 places to accommodate the non-flat cross member up front and the exhaust crossover further back. I picked up the factory skid plate mounting holes up front and drilled two new holes in cross member behind exhaust crossover to mount transmission skid.

I drilled a hole for my Fumoto valve hose to make oil changes clean. Hose drains directly into a recycle jug, not an oil drain pan. The skid plate protects the Fumoto valve well. View attachment 21777 View attachment 21785 View attachment 21793 View attachment 21801
Great work... looks really nice.

I looked for the MOPAR power steering plate, but they're on national back order... so looks like I'll have to wait a while for that.

I'm going to look into the Fumoto oil change valve system you mentioned (which specific model so you have?), since it sounds like that would be a must if fitting extra projection for the oil pan. Any chance you'd be interested in making another skid plate just like yours to sell?? : )

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got the Mopar p/s skid right after buying the truck last Oct. It came right away.

I have F106N Fumoto valve. It has the nipple for a hose connection. At my age, I won't be mass producing this skid plate but I will give any info or additional pictures requested.

F106N | Fumoto® Engine Oil Drain Valves

1 - 20 of 25 Posts