Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts between the 2? Also if K&N, what's the difference between the 63 & 77? I can't tell if there is one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any thoughts between the 2? Also if K&N, what's the difference between the 63 & 77? I can't tell if there is one.

Thanks!
K&N is on average cheaper than Mopar! As for the difference between 77 & 63, the 63 produces a bit more HP, which won't be that noticeable! I'm looking into the aFe Stage 2 intake!

afe.jpg

Hope this helps

·
Registered
933 Posts
I went for the mopar CAI because I was putting on the vent/duct and they fit together when the hood is closed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I went with the K&N 63, decided to stick with what I've always used. Super happy with it, instantly noticed mpg increase even with getting on the gas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats Zorcist and Fletch!
I went with the AFE Stage 2 Intake and it made a difference.
Did you guys notice a difference with the engine pull?
And do you have any exhaust setup?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats Zorcist and Fletch!
I went with the AFE Stage 2 Intake and it made a difference.
Did you guys notice a difference with the engine pull?
And do you have any exhaust setup?
I added the exhaust upgrade first. Flowmaster Cat Back. It all works together nicely. I am currently running only 89 octane and will look into a programmer or new PCM and possibly a super charger next year.

Black Flowmaster Tips Rear View.jpg
Flowmaster Muffler Install 2.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I added the exhaust upgrade first. Flowmaster Cat Back. It all works together nicely. I am currently running only 89 octane and will look into a programmer or new PCM and possibly a super charger next year.

View attachment 17553 View attachment 17561
Hello Fletch,

Looks good bud! I currently have the Flowmaster 50 Series HD and will be upgrading to the AFE headers, Y-pipe and Catback! I asked around and they told me that I need a tune after I install the headers and Y-pipe.. I fill up the truck with 91 Octane, and that was a recommendation from the sales guy who sold me the truck..
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello Fletch,

Looks good bud! I currently have the Flowmaster 50 Series HD and will be upgrading to the AFE headers, Y-pipe and Catback! I asked around and they told me that I need a tune after I install the headers and Y-pipe.. I fill up the truck with 91 Octane, and that was a recommendation from the sales guy who sold me the truck..
Your thoughts?
I don't think it will hurt to run 91 octane, the manual states 87 or 89 octane. I may try 91 octane myself. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went for the mopar CAI because I was putting on the vent/duct and they fit together when the hood is closed.
I think this is the one I will be going with as I also like the idea of the vent/duct implementation.

·
Registered
933 Posts
As much as I loved the mopar set up for the rebel, ram does not make a set for the 6.4. So on the power wagon I went with the K&N set up. Overall the mopar seems to make abit more power but is 50% more money.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think this is the one I will be going with as I also like the idea of the vent/duct implementation.
I am going to try to use the ram air hood vent when I can get it with the K&N since the filter sits in the same area I think it will work.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Its posted here somewhere, it's been a couple of years now and was my first mods. I think it was around $1000 for both installed by my dealer. I'll try and look up my post from that time for you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
CAI, Mopar 77070023-AC. $833.00
CAI, hood induction kit Mopar 82214741. $504.00
Mopar performance exhaust stainless steel. $1,805.00
For taxes here in pei it was. $114.00
Labour here was ok At. $574.00
Total project covered under the extended warranty. $3,720.00

Misc mods, installed and taxes total
Mud flaps. $131.00
The Sidesteps. $1008.00
Antennae black. $27.00
Installed a 5lb ABC fire extinguisher. $37.00
Fill tires nitrogen. $39.99
Z-Max oil and fuel additive. $37.75
Lisence plate covers. $13.47
Vent shade side deflectors. $127.48
Airborne stickers. $36.80
Three way trailer hitch. $89.71
Hitch pin master lock. $14.37
Back up camera. $1.145.00
Total miscellaneous mods. $1,745.00

Box cap and protection including tax and install
Body undercoating protection, 5 yr
Interior protection 15 yr. $1,000.00
5 year extended warranty on all
Except tires and brakes. $988.00
Leer box cap, vin # paint match $2,231.41
Total warranty and cap. $4,121.41

So my mods total at this point is over $10,000.00.
Not bad, the wifey not aware as yet. View attachment 557

·
Registered
933 Posts
The best thing about the mopar set up is being covered under warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts