Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help. I know there are a few threads about mufflers and exhaust, but couldn't find an answer. What is the difference, if any, between the Flowmater American Thunder direct fit muffler and a 50HD? When I searched Flowmaster's website, all I can find is that listed under the American Thunder cat back system it says the muffler system is a 50HD. If that's the case, is the only difference that the American Thunder is a direct fit and the "standard" 50HD is universal and will need addtl piping, brackets, hangers, etc? I have a local truck accessory and customizing shop quoting me $250 installed for the 50. If they are the same, I would much rather have him install the 50 rather than spend $350+ plus labor to install, or taking the time to do it myself. Not sure if $250 is a good price, but it beats $350 - $400. Any help would be appreciated.

While I'm posting, I know many opinions on other threads have been given on which muffler is the best. I am going to choose between the 50 and the Magnaflow 18". I'll take opinions on this as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you could probably buy the remote baffle, i did when i had the camaro, it had the flaps for the npp exhaust but i wanted the remote to open and close it whenever. then i bought one for my 99 grand cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.