Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So called Moes and got an 18" magnaflow muffler and welded it on. I had a 2010 duel exhaust ram I did this too and thought anymore than 18" would have had a lot of drone and would have been to much. The rebel has less drone than the 2010 had with the 18". Sounds beefier however I think the 14" wouldn't have been to much. I am happy with the 18 however think anyone should be ok even going to a 14

·
Banned
246 Posts
So called Moes and got an 18" magnaflow muffler and welded it on. I had a 2010 duel exhaust ram I did this too and thought anymore than 18" would have had a lot of drone and would have been to much. The rebel has less drone than the 2010 had with the 18". Sounds beefier however I think the 14" wouldn't have been to much. I am happy with the 18 however think anyone should be ok even going to a 14
Have a photo of the new muffler installed?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't. I really wish I had a picture of the before muffler. The thing was really heavy and huge. The new one is quite literally 1/4 its size.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I now have to recant my earlier statement. Still love the 18" but believe the 14" would drone to much. I have started to notice it more on the 18.
3in./2.25in in/out
yeah its easy to do with a lift and if you know how to weld. Otherwise you can take it to a muffler shop and typically they charge 50-100 to weld a muffler on.

http://www.moes-performance.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=12278+Magnaflow

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay guys hopefully someone can help me out. A few months back I got a 18" magnaflow put on. Decided to leave the resonators on. Sounded good to me for a few weeks but now that I'm used to it I've been thinking about ditching the resonators. Anyone's thoughts would be great. Also if anyone has done this and happen to have a sound clip that would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone actually have the correct magnaflow muffler part number for the 14”. I think I ordered the wrong one based on info on here. I got 12158 which is 2.5” in dual 2.5” out. Would like to order the correct one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts