Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to get my State Inspection and 1 of my locking lug nuts was missing. I took the remaining 3 off with my fingertips. Luckily I had the stock lug nuts with me or I would've failed inspection. Great quality control!!!

I also crawled under the truck to look what type of spare I have. It's a full-size spare but it's a Good Year Wrangler and it's a 265 / 70 R17 and the tire size on the truck is a 285 / 70 R17. So basically my spare is a 31" tire when the truck has 33s on it. Am I the only one with the wrong size spare or is this common?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just went to get my State Inspection and 1 of my locking lug nuts was missing. I took the remaining 3 off with my fingertips. Luckily I had the stock lug nuts with me or I would've failed inspection. Great quality control!!!

I also crawled under the truck to look what type of spare I have. It's a full-size spare but it's a Good Year Wrangler and it's a 265 / 70 R17 and the tire size on the truck is a 285 / 70 R17. So basically my spare is a 31" tire when the truck has 33s on it. Am I the only one with the wrong size spare or is this common?
Same here man.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an issue with the computer. Everytime I start the truck, the seat heater comes on. A case has been opened with Chrysler. I was wondering if anyone else was dealing with this, or any other computer issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the 33 would fit under the bed.
I was looking at the spare a little more and it's close to the exhaust.. My guess is the 33" tire might hit the exhaust. It looks like I will have to buy my own spare now. I don't want a 31" tire on when I'm towing.

·
Registered
3 Posts

mine is the same had a ram sport before it had a smaller spare too

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to mass rebel --- what did the dealer say about wrongsize spare and how did they rectify it?
I talked to the dealer about the locking lug nut and the spare tire. I have an appointment this Wednesday for the towing mirrors to be installed. They are giving me a new set of locking lug nuts and said they will look into the spare tire issue and have my answer on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine didn't come with the brake controler and the unit I have out of my 2010 I'm told will work but I can't find the plug in like my 2010 had or am I just looking in the wrong location

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the dealer today to take care of my complaints.

They gave me a new set of locking lug nuts and apologized for the other one coming loose.

Performed a radio update/recall which I didn't even know about.

Installed the towing mirrors that was part of our deal and they don't power fold in like the originals did. They are telling me it's not an option for the towing mirrors. I have to look into that because it doesn't sound right to me.

And last but not least, we discussed the spare tire. I was told that's how the trucks come and there is nothing they can do. Also checked the tire sizes on a conversion chart and its 1.1" difference and there excuse is by the time I get a flat that my tires will be worn and than the size will be close.

Well after my expierance with this dealer, I now remember why I stopped going to their service department and go to their sister dealership in another town.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I checked my spare on my 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT and niether the tire nor wheel matches my road wheels and tires -- different make tire and wheel size but it is a full sized spare [same diameter but slightly narrower overall] as the window listing says so I guess unmatching but close enough in size is the norm for Chrysler good enough for towing but can only be used on rear wheels so if you get front flat you need to do a double swap --

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick question, somewhat relevant to the thread. Did everybody get locking lug nuts with their trucks? My 12 and 14 had them, but my 16 Rebel didn't come with any.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Quick question, somewhat relevant to the thread. Did everybody get locking lug nuts with their trucks? My 12 and 14 had them, but my 16 Rebel didn't come with any.
Mine didn't come with them

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
They don't come by default. I bought some at the dealer same time as I got the truck and they installed them immediately for me.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts