Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So. Finally took the gas tank down to E. Went for a fill up. Got 24 gallons in there. Problem is my truck is supposed to have the 32 gallon fuel tank. Lol. Back to the dealer. 1 fix my suspension again and 2 give me the fuel tank I purchased supposedly on the vehicle sticker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So. Finally took the gas tank down to E. Went for a fill up. Got 24 gallons in there. Problem is my truck is supposed to have the 32 gallon fuel tank. Lol. Back to the dealer. 1 fix my suspension again and 2 give me the fuel tank I purchased supposedly on the vehicle sticker.
I believe the fuel tank issue is supposedly fixed by a computer update. I've seen this issue on another forum.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird. I'll make sure to let everyone know what happens. Wouldn't the gas pump not understand what size tank my computer thought I had and just keep pumping till it was full?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Give your dealer STAR Case# S1608000283 that case references a computer update that fixes the 32 gallon calibration issue.

On a side note, do you notice fuel sloshing in your truck when it gets down to 1/2 or 3/4? Ram owners back in 2013 were complaining that the 32 gallon tank didn't have baffles in it to prevent the fuel from slapping against the front of the tank when coming to a quick stop. Most described it as a nudge or thud.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Weird. I'll make sure to let everyone know what happens. Wouldn't the gas pump not understand what size tank my computer thought I had and just keep pumping till it was full?
I think the issue is the computer empty reading not the full reading but I'm not positive on that one. I think you actually still have 6 gallons or so of gas left but don't quote me on that and don't run out of gas because of me haha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Give your dealer STAR Case# S1608000283 that case references a computer update that fixes the 32 gallon calibration issue.

On a side note, do you notice fuel sloshing in your truck when it gets down to 1/2 or 3/4? Ram owners back in 2013 were complaining that the 32 gallon tank didn't have baffles in it to prevent the fuel from slapping against the front of the tank when coming to a quick stop. Most described it as a nudge or thud.
Happens occasionally with my 2013 sport with a 26 gallon tank too. Probably worse with 32 gallon. Feels like someone taps your rear bumper haha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Did not notice any of that yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seriously??? it happens on the 26 too? That's exactly how I've heard it described on the 32.
Yea it's right around 3/4 tank when it happens. I'll come to a stop and feel a little kick in the ass. It wasn't too alarming...I was pretty sure it was the gas tank first time it happened and my feeling was confirmed when I saw other people online saying the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's ridiculous, i would ask to speak directly to a Chrysler engineer. Did you bring the truck to them on "empty?" I'd take them on a ride along to the gas station with the truck on empty, fill it up, and show them exactly what you're talking about. No way they can list that the truck is working as expected. Might benefit you looking for a new dealer to talk to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.