Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went and had navigation put into the Rebel, after looking at my build sheet while I was framing it I noticed I paid for it and never received it. I called my dealership and they said they could put it in no problem fora whopping 450 dollars! I talked to my salesmen and he told them that I should of had it to begin with and they put it in no problem. Gotta say its really useful :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
personally and after 10 months of using it, I think the Navigation on the rebel is the worst I have ever used, It will repeatedly tell me about the same traffic condition about every minute until the condition is passed, even if the condition is not in my direction of travel, had this for over an hour, I was ready to punch it. i will also get pop ups asking me if I would like an alternate route. over 30 time in one hour. not to mention the crazy routes it will try and take me. if I had a choice, i would never have this feature, for the cost Ram charges, I can get life time upgrades and a much better interface from Garmin

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally and after 10 months of using it, I think the Navigation on the rebel is the worst I have ever used, It will repeatedly tell me about the same traffic condition about every minute until the condition is passed, even if the condition is not in my direction of travel, had this for over an hour, I was ready to punch it. i will also get pop ups asking me if I would like an alternate route. over 30 time in one hour. not to mention the crazy routes it will try and take me. if I had a choice, i would never have this feature, for the cost Ram charges, I can get life time upgrades and a much better interface from Garmin
Huh, strange I haven't had any problems with mine after using it to drive 4 hours home and then back up north again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree that it has a Garmin roots, I wish it had the Garmin interface. I have used the GPS for at latest 50 hours of driving time. One of the feature My garmin has is that it will search for an address in 3 states. I live in NJ but the Garmin will search NJ,PA and NY. the one in the Ram, I have to put in the state, city, it cant even detect what state I am in currently but will default to the last state entered. I tried the re-route option once, took me through the worst part of Philadelphia and side tracked me for over an hour, I have seen it tell me to turn and then at the last min, change its mind. the constant nagging about traffic ahead is so persistent that i have to turn the voice off. I maybe doing something wrong, but I have been using GPSs since they first came out, if anyone has any suggestions , I am open.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah, it really is a Garmin GPS inside. Part of the interface work is Garmin's and part is Uconnect's, if I read correctly. I have been unwilling to add the option to mine. I'd rather just get one if I need one, for $100. Or use a smartphone. It sounds like maybe yours is more broken than most. I'd talk to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts