Ram Rebel Forum banner

Need help with What running boards to buy

15K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  QCGuy 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Recently bought my 2016 Ram Rebel, been loving every bit of it. I came to the conclusion Im in the market for some running boards for the truck. I don't think I want to go with the oval mopar ones. So if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to here what you guys have to say. Also if anyone's installed any running boards if appreciate if you can post a pic or two. It will definitely help with my decision.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
AMP Research makes a cool powerstep that I have on my Rebel. It tucks under the frame when the doors close.

AMP Research Part #76138-01A

Quality AMP Research Powerstep & Truck Running Boards | AMP Research
Hey Patrick can you post a pic of one side with it open? I had them on my 09 and loved them just wasn't sure if I wanted to go through all the work it took to put them on my rebel. I also looked I to the Bestop power steps. Still undecided though. Thanks.

#6 ·
Thank you

#7 ·
Hey guys,

Recently bought my 2016 Ram Rebel, been loving every bit of it. I came to the conclusion Im in the market for some running boards for the truck. I don't think I want to go with the oval mopar ones. So if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to here what you guys have to say. Also if anyone's installed any running boards if appreciate if you can post a pic or two. It will definitely help with my decision.

Thanks in advance

Patrick,

I went to order my AMP kit from my local supplier, but he told me that they won't work for me because of the pictured bracket below. I have a 2016 model. Is yours a 2015? If not, do you have this bracket, and if you do have it, how did you install them?

Thank you

#11 ·
Well I was advised by Bestop and AMP both theirs would fit... .sooooooo....yeah

#12 ·
Okay. I got this from Bestop:

The bracket by the driver front linkage? It is removed for installation.

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service
PLEASE REPLY WITH PRIOR COMMUNICATION

Anyone else see a problem with just removing a support bracket? Anyone have a Ram contact that can find the real purpose of this bracket?

As for AMP I have a tech contact at their test department I'll call tomorrow.

#14 ·
I can do it myself and I am uneasy as well about just removing a bracket. It must be there for a reason .

#16 ·
I wish someone e could figure out exactly what that bracket is for...

#18 ·
Sounds probable but that would make me think it would be needed for all steps...

#22 ·
Spent some time at the dealership today trying to figure what the bracket is for and how any other runner or tube would fit. The bracket is called a sil brace and per Chrysler, you CAN NOT remove it. The brace can also be found on other 1500 models and is also found on 2015 1500's. We looked at another 2016 1500 (I think a Sport) which had tubes installed from the factory. When looking underneath, the tube bracket just comes short of the sil brace.

So, for those who want the AMP Research running boards, you are going to have to wait until they come up with a new bracket for their motors...which should be ready by March (per AMP Research).

#24 ·
Spent some time at the dealership today trying to figure what the bracket is for and how any other runner or tube would fit. The bracket is called a sil brace and per Chrysler, you CAN NOT remove it. The brace can also be found on other 1500 models and is also found on 2015 1500's. We looked at another 2016 1500 (I think a Sport) which had tubes installed from the factory. When looking underneath, the tube bracket just comes short of the sil brace.

So, for those who want the AMP Research running boards, you are going to have to wait until they come up with a new bracket for their motors...which should be ready by March (per AMP Research).
You're awesome. Now I find it amusing that Bestop said remove the bracket.

#26 ·
Looks good

#31 ·
I got a set just around $850 on my 09 Ram....the market around $900-1100

#36 ·
Iron Cross

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Attachments

#37 ·
I emailed ICA and they said their products aren't fabbed yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.