Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2019 1500 Bighorn for the 2021 Rebel. Primary because I wanted 4WD and the Premium stereo package. I couldn’t be happier with the exception of gas mileage. I was getting 19 combined in the RWD but now I’m lucky to get 15. Thinking about adding the Cold Air Intake and the Cat Back exhaust. A couple of mph for me would pay for itself. I drive about 20k a year. Anyone see an improvement with those adds?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great buy! I just bought this 2021 Red Rebel last week! Super stoked on the design and how it handles. Probably will be installing a K&N filter soon

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
There's a thread dealing with replacement CAI's, if you haven't looked at it yet. The general consensus in there was that they didn't make much of a difference on gas mileage. I don't know enough to say one way or the other, but the thread did discourage me from thinking about a new CAI.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There's a thread dealing with replacement CAI's, if you haven't looked at it yet. The general consensus in there was that they didn't make much of a difference on gas mileage. I don't know enough to say one way or the other, but the thread did discourage me from thinking about a new CAI.
Yeah I've read same. That's why I just change the filter. Easy to just wash and oil it plus maybe add a couple of HP !

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're looking for improved gas mileage much above 15 mpg you can forget it. My brand new 2020 Rebel showed 15.3 mpg on the way home from the dealership, all highway driving. After replacing the exhaust with a Borla cat-back and a CAI I'm still getting 15+/- on the hwy and about 13 in town. It's a big, heavy 4wd. It's not going to get much more no matter what you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts