Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between a Leveling Kit or a Suspension Lift, nothing to crazy. I have a 2019 2 Door Jeep JL Sport all built up for that. I do live on a dirt road with washboards though. New Rebel rides so nice but don't like slant fwd look. Someday may want to put 35's on. But don't want to cut or trim. Any suggestions appreciated. All lift companies have not had a chance to get hold of 2023 Rebel, so won't guarantee fitment.

· Super Moderator
227 Posts
Sounds like you just want a leveling kit

as for suspension I think the suspension on the 2019’s is the same for the 2023’s… I believe they are the same generation, but I’m far from an expert

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you just want a leveling kit

as for suspension I think the suspension on the 2019’s is the same for the 2023’s… I believe they are the same generation, but I’m far from an expert
Think i'm going with 3.5 lift kit monotube shock in rear, monotube coilovers in front, little spacer for coils in rear, forged upper control arms in front, seems to be best bang for the buck

· Super Moderator
227 Posts
I’d always recommend a lift, but that’s mostly because I’ve never had a true suspension lift. My 98 Durango had a 3” body lift and 2” torsion/shackles that allowed for 32” MT’s

you just mentioned you had the Jeep for the crazy lift and enjoyed the ride of the Rebel as is. A leveling kit won’t change too much of the ride, but it does stiffen the front end. Plus with a leveling kit you can fit 35’s…. I have 34.5 on my 18’ with a home brew leveling kit…and there actually is room to go a little more as in a half inch LoL… just my current MT’s at 12” wide and that’s where it can get dicey

But Heck, if you want to go with a lift why only 3”? ….I’d like atleast 4-6”, of course once you go above 3” you start having to offset the wheels so the tires don’t rub on components

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d always recommend a lift, but that’s mostly because I’ve never had a true suspension lift. My 98 Durango had a 3” body lift and 2” torsion/shackles that allowed for 32” MT’s

you just mentioned you had the Jeep for the crazy lift and enjoyed the ride of the Rebel as is. A leveling kit won’t change too much of the ride, but it does stiffen the front end. Plus with a leveling kit you can fit 35’s…. I have 34.5 on my 18’ with a home brew leveling kit…and there actually is room to go a little more as in a half inch LoL… just my current MT’s at 12” wide and that’s where it can get dicey

But Heck, if you want to go with a lift why only 3”? ….I’d like atleast 4-6”, of course once you go above 3” you start having to offset the wheels so the tires don’t rub on components
i just cant find a good leveling kit, once you put 2 inch leveling kit on the shocks amount of travel has changed, plus now changed geometry for the upper control arm, things will wear out faster, a 3.5 lift is really only a 2.5 to 2.75, since taking stock 1 inch lift off your now back to baseline 0, coil overs are only only adjustable up to 2.50, or 2.75 height, plus you want to put spacer on coils in back to level to the front, new shocks in back will now have the correct travel length, it will ride pretty close to stock, coil overs are better than the stock setup now in the front, and the forged upper control arm is way stronger, than stock. I live on a dirt road with many washboards. Rough Country has come a long way in the past 10 to15 yrs, For what you pay you get a fairly good product,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts