Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new set of 315/70/17 Cooper MTP's today. So far so good. Very little road noise and very smooth. Balanced up with little weight. Only a 2 ply sidewall which is ok with me as I don't play on the rocks. Sand, snow, and mud is the worst I'll see. Its a D range tire but I'm ok with that too as I'm not towing 10K lbs with it either. Very close to STT Pro tread but sold exclusively for Discount Tire. $260 each ($45 cheaper then Duratracs or the STT Pro).
Will keep you updated as I put some miles on them
new tires 1.JPG
new tires 2.JPG
new tires 4.jpg

Reactions: Baron and BCT

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nice cab lights!

tires are ok too
Thanks Joe. You know, you forged the path by doing them first. I get more people asking about the cab lights then anything else.......Still thinking I should paint the lower black so we could be twins :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Picked up a new set of 315/70/17 Cooper MTP's today. So far so good. Very little road noise and very smooth. Balanced up with little weight. Only a 2 ply sidewall which is ok with me as I don't play on the rocks. Sand, snow, and mud is the worst I'll see. Its a D range tire but I'm ok with that too as I'm not towing 10K lbs with it either. Very close to STT Pro tread but sold exclusively for Discount Tire. $260 each ($45 cheaper then Duratracs or the STT Pro).
Will keep you updated as I put some miles on them
View attachment 1185 View attachment 1186 View attachment 1187
Looks great! Did you lift your truck? I would like to go 35's at some point as well

Sent from my JKURX

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks BCT. I have the lift links but have not installed them yet. Still at stock height.
Todd

·
Registered
187 Posts
THanks BCT. I have the lift links but have not installed them yet. Still at stock height.
Todd
Thanks Todd... Keep me in the loop on your progress/lift etc. I would like to go to 315s when the stock tires wear out. I really like the Rebel the way it is. I just would like to run I bit larger tire without major modification.

I have a Jeep Rubicon lifted and totally modded and don't really want to go down that $$$$ path with the rebel. LOL

Regards
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
How tight do those get to the wheel wells when you are in Enter/Exit mode with the air suspension, be cool to see one photo at 4X4 mode beside one at Enter/Exit. Any affect on how it drives and turns with those on without a lift? Thanks, just got my Rebel 4 days ago and loving this site for all the great ideas.
Brent

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Todd... Keep me in the loop on your progress/lift etc. I would like to go to 315s when the stock tires wear out. I really like the Rebel the way it is. I just would like to run I bit larger tire without major modification.

I have a Jeep Rubicon lifted and totally modded and don't really want to go down that $$$$ path with the rebel. LOL

Regards
Brian

Brian - I hear ya. Here was my JK rubi when I let her go. I think I want just enough capability to get to the places I want with ease, but do not want to spend a fortune and still be able to drive it every day. My jeep was not so much.....
get-attachment (2).jpg

Reactions: BCT and texas_rebel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Rubi's got nothing on your 10 year anniversary Rubi. Well done BCT.... We probably crossed each other while cruising down that money trail. At least you still have yours. Now all I got is the Rebel to play with offroad. Doooooooohhhhh

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Regards
Brian

I have not tried them in enter exit mode as I will never use it since I have the step boards. In areo, I've turned lock to lock and no rubbing (hence not while being off camber). Normal, no rubbing at al (lock to lock, while articulation is in effect). Offroad, no rubbing at all...
Lift links to be installed soon :)

Reactions: Baron

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have not tried them in enter exit mode as I will never use it since I have the step boards. In areo, I've turned lock to lock and no rubbing (hence not while being off camber). Normal, no rubbing at al (lock to lock, while articulation is in effect). Offroad, no rubbing at all...
Lift links to be installed soon :)
Awesome! Thanks for the info. Good Luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
awesome! Those look great!

I can’t wait for my Toyos to wear out. I’ve been looking at the Firestone Destinaton MT2’s. I had them on my old Durango and loved them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How did you get these things to fit? I have my truck at the shop to get tires now and 315/70R17's are rubbing like crazy. I did the daystar leveling kit and front links already. Did you have to trim a lot?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts