Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

The wife actually wanted to go out and get this, so it's brand new to us as of Friday. I've never owned anything new or worth more than 7k for that matter so I'm excited yet nervous for the bill, but I'm loving every mile driven.

We live in northern Colorado, and I can't wait to take it up in the mountains, and to start tooling around with it.

I'm not much of a forum bug add far as posting, but I'm always reading. Maybe the new truck will change that. :) First truck too!

Hopefully that's a good enough intro, have a good day!

Z
20160904_155754.jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very nice, welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll get better pictures when I'm not at work trying to take them over a chain link fence. Just can't stop staring at it. I have no clue where I want to begin tinkering with it. I'm thinking CAI to begin with and maybe see if I can find the Mopar '12 fender flares. I was hoping to find the 2-tone paint but the all red is growing on me.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Man you got a ton of fun ahead of you, make it your own!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I'm partial to the red. It is my favorite. I wish you many miles and many hours of enjoyment from your Rebel. They are the best. Don't get too hung up on aftermarket parts to enjoy the ride you have
Big Red

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying not to. I definitely want to improve mileage even if 1 or 2 mpg. 50 miles just to get to work.

Also thinking of a rear entertainment center to hopefully keep the little buggers in back quieter so I can enjoy the ride in peace.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I threw a new cold it intake and exhaust on right away, I'm sure the straight flow will help if you can stay off the gas pedal for fun. But be patient with the HEMI, she will take a little bit to break in before mileage improves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, What CAI did you put in? I've been debating between K&N which is what I've always used on my cars, or getting the MOPAR because... well, it's a MOPAR

·
Registered
933 Posts
I went for the mopar CAI and hood vent/duct mainly because it's mopar!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nope. It gets some in the bottom but never seems to hit the air filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts