Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been lurking here for a while. Figured I'd sign up and join in. I bought a 2016 Rebel this year back in June. It does most things very well and I'm happy with it overall. Coming from the Jeep world, it's definitely been an adjustment both on and off road.

I do wish it had greater cargo capacity. I don't need to haul much, but we want to upgrade from our little teardrop trailer to something bigger. I didn't notice the little sticker saying I could only carry 837lbs of people and cargo until it was too late. I understood now that this limits how much tongue weight I can put on it before exceeding my GVWR. (I also know some people don't worry about that, but I'd like to stay within that limit just to be on the safe side.) So, that puts most of the trailers we were considering out of our reach. We've adjusted our expectations and will be looking for something smaller and lighter.

I still need to mount my ham radio, figure out if I can upload GPS tracks and waypoints to the in-dash unit or if I'll need to mount my handheld Garmin, and experiment with tire pressures in hard and soft dirt. Otherwise, it's pretty much ready to go.

Regards,

Brandon

Vehicle Car Sand Off-roading Pickup truck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where did you get the 873lbs from? I looked up the payload on the Rebels and it is listed at 1350lbs for passengers, gear, and tongue weight. The most for any of the packages in crew cab, 4x4, short bed was 1550lbs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The truck can handle a good deal more than that. Don't expect FCA to back me up on that, though. :)
I'm sure you're right on both counts. No biggie. We'll adapt and find something that works within this limit for now.
Flagstaff and Lance have some nice, lightweight options that we like.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
So far, the biggest load I've hauled in the back is nearly a ton. Doesn't mean I'd do it every day. I'd just get a 2500 or better if so. But it is designed with some "safety margin."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.