Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang...just joined but have been lurking for a few weeks.

Coming from a 2014 Durango R/T. Love the Durango...but now that I'm traveling for long trips with a 2nd person it became obvious we needed more room. I was thinking about a Yukon Denali...and while I can afford the 70K payment I started questioning....why?

Enter the pickup. Started looking at pickups...not my usual...never owned one before. Whats this? A Rambox? Never heard of that...well wow...extra storage space...Hmm.....

$10,000+ off MSRP? Interesting...considering full size SUV's aren't going down that much...and even if they were I'd still be looking at 60-65K before T/T/L...for a full size GM SUV....(And GM...another whole issue).

I heavily considered the Durango SRT coming out...475hp...hella fun...but again..70K with options and the same space I've been dealing with (adequate for 1, tougher for 2) for long trips.

Enter the Dodge 1500 Ram...Crew Cab. Sport...Looks great! Hate the chrome look so the Sport....nice...same color. Oooooh....whats this Trim...the "Rebel"? Hmmmmm...never heard of that...

Boom...SOLD!

I've never been a huge off road guy...mostly straight line racing in my past. I used to own a 550hp Supercharged Mercury Marauder (2004 model). Sold it in 2014. I travel alot now....I love to drive. I love national parks..and I do (2) 4000+ mile round trips per year...One in February and one in June or July.

I test drove a 2017 Rebel at my local dealership and fell in love...so to speak. Smooth on the road...bit squishier (handling) then I'm used to from a vehicle with lower profile tires but I'll get used to it. The one my dealer had wasn't optioned the way I wanted so I asked them for a dealer trade...found one 2 states away...

And as of 20 minutes ago I was notified that the dealer in Illinois is going to give it up to my dealer! Deal done!

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel
Silver

It has every option, including the Ram Tonneau cover, side steps & sprayed bed liner...saved me $1400). The only thing it doesn't have is the "dark" option so it will have the red sided seats/trim and silver front skid plate. This I'm ok with. Will look great with a silver front on silver vehicle. Even has the sunroof which I was ok with skipping.

$47,XXX or so...it was $57,XXX MSRP so I'm happy. I'm at 53K or so with T/T/L and a 6/100 Mopar Maxcare warranty. I put on 16-17K miles per year consistently so its perfect. I maybe could have held out for more but it would have been tough. I wanted a Rambox and there are so few out there with them....distance wise I would have had to go farther to find one. Either way it worked out for me.

I have a ton of mods planned...:

Stubby antenna
Carven Exhaust (with black tips)
Window Tint w/ Eyebrow (4" top of windshield)\
Locking Gas Cap
Locking security storage tops for back seat storage
Hood Decal (Flat Black)
Ventshades
Tailgate Assist Arm

Few more things. Just glad to be a part of the group. Hoping to pick my new truck up by Monday...depends on when the dealer said he'd send someone to get it :)

Thanks!

Mark
AKA: unxpctd

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Welcome, it you like yours half as much as I do then you will love it. I'm getting over the hill in age and have many vehicles in my life and if I never have another I can say I've had the best.
Big Red

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have no regrets, and did not have any buyers remorse. I'm sure you will not either. Congratulations.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a call from the dealership. My Rebel is on its way to Minnesota from Illinois as we speak. Should be here around 4pm. Going in to sign the paperwork around 4:15pm. I work tonight (overnight) so I won't be picking it up until tomorrow or Wednesday...either way....can't wait!

Reactions: Hemitkn

·
Registered
277 Posts
Got a call from the dealership. My Rebel is on its way to Minnesota from Illinois as we speak. Should be here around 4pm. Going in to sign the paperwork around 4:15pm. I work tonight (overnight) so I won't be picking it up until tomorrow or Wednesday...either way....can't wait!
I hope everything goes well with the paperwork. Add some pics when you get the truck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a nice little surprise when I got to the dealership yesterday afternoon.

They were cleaning it up upon my arrival.

Somehow...with no documentation on the window sticker of the "Dark" option....I got the silver front skid plate (which I wanted) but the full black interior (which I also wanted). I thought it was supposed to be red sided and red bezeled interior with the silver front skid plate??? Now I would have been fine with the red interior...no issues. I would have preferred the all black though. I also wanted the front silver skid plate (as it matches the silver truck).

Could....not...be...happier! The truck is gorgeous. Pick it up in 3-4 hours. Going to place my orders for my first few mods today and get them on this weekend!

Pics in a few hours. Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked her up 3 hours ago. Already have an appointment on August 9th for:

Husky Mud Flaps
Window Tint (add 50%) plus 4" eyebrow on windshield
Hood decal (flat black)
Vent Visors

Absolutely love this truck (so far). Going to take some getting used to (never owned a truck before) but I know I'm going to love it.

I love that I got the dark interior and the silver front skid plate! S&B intake and Carven Progressive exhaust being ordered tomorrow! My personalized plates will be going on later this week too... :) Thanks for the welcome everyone! Glad to be here and can't wait to contribute and continue chatting.

Reactions: JayD

·
Registered
111 Posts
Picked her up 3 hours ago. Already have an appointment on August 9th for:

Husky Mud Flaps
Window Tint (add 50%) plus 4" eyebrow on windshield
Hood decal (flat black)
Vent Visors

Absolutely love this truck (so far). Going to take some getting used to (never owned a truck before) but I know I'm going to love it.

I love that I got the dark interior and the silver front skid plate! S&B intake and Carven Progressive exhaust being ordered tomorrow! My personalized plates will be going on later this week too... :) Thanks for the welcome everyone! Glad to be here and can't wait to contribute and continue chatting.
Nice looking truck. Now the fun begins. Welcome

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes...it did come with the nerf bars and the tonneau cover. Also came with the spray in bed liner. I had a different Rebel picked out initially closer to my area but the dealership that had it wouldn't sell it...so my dealership traded for this one. I initially had the Bakflip MX4 cover picked out to buy but since this Rebel came with the factory cover I'll be putting that off and buying some other mods. I'll see how this one holds up (looks pretty good).

Can't wait to start modding it! My Bayou Goat Mount shipped yesterday and I'm ordering my Carven Exhaust and S&B intake in a few minutes. The exhaust is on backorder but it'll get here eventually :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes...it did come with the nerf bars and the tonneau cover. Also came with the spray in bed liner. I had a different Rebel picked out initially closer to my area but the dealership that had it wouldn't sell it...so my dealership traded for this one. I initially had the Bakflip MX4 cover picked out to buy but since this Rebel came with the factory cover I'll be putting that off and buying some other mods. I'll see how this one holds up (looks pretty good).

Can't wait to start modding it! My Bayou Goat Mount shipped yesterday and I'm ordering my Carven Exhaust and S&B intake in a few minutes. The exhaust is on backorder but it'll get here eventually :)
Sounds Great! You will also enjoy the Ram Box's that are built into the truck bed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.