Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... i am new to this forum. I just purchased a new Ram Rebel V6 Pentastar and new to the dodge family. I was a ford owner before and fell in love with the new Ram's.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Guys. Here are some pics from the dealership. The truck arrives by Monday. I live in SoCal and purchased it from Champion Jeep Dodge Ram in Indianapolis, IN. This is a great dealership to work with. I was searching for 6 months for the truck at the right price. I got a crazy deal that I was not able to refuse. The sales guy I dealt with, Mo Ganchi, was great to work with. Anyone looking for a Rebel call this dealership! They have some serious discounts. The communication was just excellent from the point of sale, to discussing terms, financing, closing on the deal and ultimately shipping the truck to me. It was as smooth of a transaction as it could be.

I was specifically looking for a V6 pentastar. I test drove the truck here in SoCal a couple of times and was impressed by the power. I do not tow or haul any trailers and most likely will never haul anything. Well, possibly a u-haul trailer to move stuff but that is by far the only thing I can possibly foresee doing in the future.

I owned a 2005 5.4L V8 Ford F-150 Lariat and it was a gas guzzling machine! I just fell in love with the Rebel and don't care for the v8 for my needs in a truck. I have a family with three little girls who like to lug around their bedrooms. The truck has more than enough juice, space and functionality for everyday driving to the beach, going up into the mountains for the winter and drive up and down the coast.

Though there was not much of a difference in fuel consumption between the v6 pentastar and v8 hemi, I chose the v6 because at the end of the day it still has better fuel consumption and can take 87 octane. Here in SoCal, gas prices are still high relative to other states.

Furthermore, if I want the rush of power and speed I will take out my coupes to satisfy that need!

Take a look at the pics. I will be doing very minor mods. I have purchased iconic gladiator running boards, the VMS 50 Cal antenna, getting the oem bed extender and still up in the air for an aftermarket sunroof. I am looking to install a Signature 925 sunroof but the cost is $1,400. Not sure if i want to spend that much.

Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome to the site, sounds like you planned out your requirements based on your needs :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Joe. My truck is being shipped to me. ETA is March 08th. However, I did test drive the truck here in SoCal at two different dealerships and the truck is relatively much more quiet than the Hemi. The Hemi has this growl to it. However, the V6 can hold its own. It does sound like a truck though. Burn outs? I leave that to my coupes :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome. I came from the Ford and Chevy world as well. Love my RAM Rebel! Congrats and good luck with yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hi everyone... i am new to this forum. I just purchased a new Ram Rebel V6 Pentastar and new to the dodge family. I was a ford owner before and fell in love with the new Ram's.
Welcome. I see you saw the light like I did. I'm sure you will enjoy the forum as much as your Rebel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks BCT. The ford held up great when I had mine. I was looking at the new F150 Platinum but the $60k price tag was not a selling point for me. Furthermore, the style of the RAM vs the new F150 - there is no comparison. I just love the look. Enjoy your truck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have found quite a few (like myself) that are moving away from Ford (my trade is a 2014 FX-4) to RAM (ordered my Rebel 5 weeks ago... still waiting). Ford has focused on stupid crap like their trailer backing video game (if you can't back a trailer up then don't pull a trailer) and been left behind imo. That price too. Priced out my truck as a 2016 and it's $64,000. My Rebel is $51,000 and has all the options.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome lasani1121, I've been stalking the forums but didn't join the forums until placing my order for one yesterday. I think the Pentastar is a solid engine as they use it in all the jeeps. I had to get the Hemi myself as I appreciated the growl. Sounds like you got a great deal on your new truck and it is beautiful! Enjoy it and be sure to share stories.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stromtooper - thanks. I love the truck. I had for two weeks now and love it! I do feel like i am driving a v6 just because all i have owned are v8's so sitting in the v6 does feel different but when I step on the throttle the response is just perfect. It's the perfect truck for me and it just looks great.

congrats on your truck. What color did you get?

Big Red - high five on your comment. So I take it you own a v6 pentastar as well. how are you liking your truck?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts