Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these put on last week before a weekend trip to Moab: Toyo Open Country RT 35X12.50R17LT. They performed admirably on the slick rock after being aired down to 25 PSI (pics and video of the Rebel rock crawling to come soon). At full lock/full compression there is no rubbing in the off road mode or normal height. I didn't try Aero mode on the trails, but I would imagine there would be no issue either. Very happy with the on road performance as well. They are no noisier than the AT's they replaced, and there is no rubbing at all in any ride height save for entry/exit mode. In the last pic, you can see that at full lock, the entry/exit will rub, but is still usable so long as the wheels are mostly pointed forward. The first two pics are in Normal ride height. (There appears to be some distortion at the edges of the pics. I promise, the tires are round. lol)

IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0394.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am jealous right now

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Nice pics. You mentioned distortion - you're getting fisheye effect. You're close to the truck and your camera is in a wide-angle mode, causes the perspective distortion. Back up further from the truck and zoom the camera in a bit and the effect will be gone, you'll be happier with your pictures.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very Nice! I'm deciding if I should go with the Nitto exo grapplers, or the Toyo RTs. Do you have any complaints, or feel a difference in ride quality with the RTs compared to stock?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice look. Is everything else stock? Does the 4-corner air suspension system give you any issues in AERO and ENTRY/EXIT mode when the chassis sits low?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice look. Is everything else stock? Does the 4-corner air suspension system give you any issues in AERO and ENTRY/EXIT mode when the chassis sits low?
Everything else is stock. I haven't messed around with the links at all, so the air suspension still feels great like it did prior. I bought the tires last Thursday and drove them 365 miles to Moab on Friday in Aero pretty much the whole way. No issues. Completed two fairly easy trails on Saturday in Normal ride height (Gemini and Cliff Hanger). No issues. Played around on some of the slickrock on Fins & Things in Off Road height on Sunday. No issues. Over the course of the weekend, and in those three modes, there was ample time and opportunity for the suspension to fully compress, and yet not once did I rub.

In the last two pics above, you can see that Entry/Exit mode will rub when wheels are at full lock, but only at full lock. My son always drops the truck into Entry/Exit as we pull up to our garage and I'm able to turn the wheel to almost full lock before it starts to rub.

I believe these trucks will easily handle any 35" tire. Best 1" lift that money can buy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the lift links and debating either the toyo mt or the nitto trail grappler mt in either a 35x12.5-18 or a LT285-75-18 with a +12 offset wheel. both tires are a tad over 35 but the specs on the 12.5 are 13.39 wide and the LT are 11.26 wide

Reactions: texas_rebel

·
Registered
289 Posts
Doh! Guess I should have read better. My mistake. That's awesome though. I'll probably be going with these after I wear mine out.

Everything else is stock. I haven't messed around with the links at all, so the air suspension still feels great like it did prior. I bought the tires last Thursday and drove them 365 miles to Moab on Friday in Aero pretty much the whole way. No issues. Completed two fairly easy trails on Saturday in Normal ride height (Gemini and Cliff Hanger). No issues. Played around on some of the slickrock on Fins & Things in Off Road height on Sunday. No issues. Over the course of the weekend, and in those three modes, there was ample time and opportunity for the suspension to fully compress, and yet not once did I rub.

In the last two pics above, you can see that Entry/Exit mode will rub when wheels are at full lock, but only at full lock. My son always drops the truck into Entry/Exit as we pull up to our garage and I'm able to turn the wheel to almost full lock before it starts to rub.

I believe these trucks will easily handle any 35" tire. Best 1" lift that money can buy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tires look good, mind sharing how much you paid for those? I was looking at picking up a set originally for my 20's I just purchased, but couldn't justify the cost & weight difference between the AT2's, so I just picked up a set of 34" AT2's instead.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tires look good, mind sharing how much you paid for those? I was looking at picking up a set originally for my 20's I just purchased, but couldn't justify the cost & weight difference between the AT2's, so I just picked up a set of 34" AT2's instead.
They were $1400 installed. Sold my AT2's for $400 to a kind young soldier at Camp Williams for his Tacoma. They only had 2500 miles on them, but military always gets a big discount from me!

I picked up a Power Tank CO2 10lb system today for airing up my tires. Tested it out and I can air up from 25lbs to 55lbs in under a minute per tire! Insane! I'm heading down to Moab for Jeep Safari in the morning, so I should have a lot more pics.

Cheers!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, I've been away for 5 months, and the boards seem to be more quite then they used to be. Thought I'd give y'all an update on my truck. Since I last posted, I've added a few things to the Reb to make her more of an response/recovery truck. Capable of getting my Jeep out of some harry situations. Here's a few pics. The rack made by Leitner gets a lot of attention, and works beautifully. Still running 35" TOYO RT's and they run smooth and quiet.
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's awesome man!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts