Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wicked looking rebel! I love the Leitner Rack System, phenomenal product that I will hopefully have on my truck one day. Do you have any wheel spacers on there to be able to run the 35? I know my Outdoorsman needed a 1/4 spacer to clear the upper control arms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my exact plan for my 2017 Rebel as my shop is the dealer for Leitner Designs Racks in BC Canada and the Decked I would purchase also, sweet setup, glad I could finally see pictures of someone doing it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wicked looking rebel! I love the Leitner Rack System, phenomenal product that I will hopefully have on my truck one day. Do you have any wheel spacers on there to be able to run the 35? I know my Outdoorsman needed a 1/4 spacer to clear the upper control arms.
No wheel spacers. The tires are 35" Toyo Open Country R/T's and are an inch wider than the stock Toyo AT II's (12.5" compared to 11.5"). Love the look and didn't need spacers for clearance. Also, no rubbing at all, and I have a full year on them now. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This is my exact plan for my 2017 Rebel as my shop is the dealer for Leitner Designs Racks in BC Canada and the Decked I would purchase also, sweet setup, glad I could finally see pictures of someone doing it.
Thanks! Don't hesitate on the ACS from Leitner. It is built exceptionally well and the owner, Bernhard, is awesome!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, I've been away for 5 months, and the boards seem to be more quite then they used to be. Thought I'd give y'all an update on my truck. Since I last posted, I've added a few things to the Reb to make her more of an response/recovery truck. Capable of getting my Jeep out of some harry situations. Here's a few pics. The rack made by Leitner gets a lot of attention, and works beautifully. Still running 35" TOYO RT's and they run smooth and quiet. View attachment 5713 View attachment 5721 View attachment 5729
Questions regarding your Decked system: is that the DR3 model? That's what their web site tells me. How exact of a fit is it? Could you take so.e photos showing anywhere there are large gaps around the edges?

Reactions: Chris

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm having the decked system installed next week. I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the decked system installed next week. I'll post some pics.
Awesome thanks Chris! I am pretty set on getting it my self. My concern with the fitment is if the gaps around the edges of the deck and the bed are too big it would suck to loose small hardware down there and have, say, a bunch of screws under it you can't easily get out. That probably still will not stop me as this is exactly what I've been looking for since I decided to move from and suv for hitting the trails to a pickup. Still need somewhere to put my tools, gear and recovery equipment without it all flying out of the box during my shenanigans. I want it organised with the ability to use the bed still for larger equipment or a bed-tent so this looks like the ticket.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. The one I'm getting has two drawers. The corner pockets where things may drop into have removable lids. Currently I have tools supplies etc in Bugout type bags and am really looking forward to hard top clean look where everything is accessible. I'll keep everyone informed, to be completed by 9- May.

Reactions: warbad

·
Registered
34 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. The one I'm getting has two drawers. The corner pockets where things may drop into have removable lids. Currently I have tools supplies etc in Bugout type bags and am really looking forward to hard top clean look where everything is accessible. I'll keep everyone informed, to be completed by 9- May.
Thats basically my current set up as well. A couple bags with different purposes and a few longer items that need a home like my shovel, axe, ropes ECT. All my other gear is in different bug out type bags. One tools and recovery, one a hike out away from vehicle for a day or more and one a daybag/light hiking or scouting type bag.

Good storage for hunting and fishing gear too!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any update here Chris? Thinking of getting mine ordered I am just looking for any confirmation that it should be the DR3 model I'm ordering. I never have time during the day to make a call into the 4x4 shops and inquire if they know anything!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you tell me about all the stuff in the bed? Racks, looks like storage draws and another flat thing over the draws????

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is the actual size so I can order the correct set of these Open Country RT 35's...is it a 285/70 17 or what?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts