Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

So I just bought my Rebel a few weeks ago and I'm quite the Newbie to all modding and 4x4 custom culture. While I throughly enjoy everyone's beautiful trucks, I have no idea what I'm doing as far as even small mods are concerned (sidestep change, larger tires on a set of stock rims that came with my truck, bumper light bar, louder exhaust?). I absolutely love my truck and barely want to change it, but Does anyone have any small mods I could maybe start with and tinker around? I've spent enough time in the garage drinking beer and smiling at my truck. Time to do a little personalization! (Within the limits of my warranty obviously)

Thanks for any suggestions guys!
-Phil

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome. Try changing your antenna.

Reactions: IrishxRebel16

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Definitely antenna. Take it slow, look around at other trucks, watch some truck shows, talk to friends that have trucks. If you can ask why they made a particular mod. This is "your" Rebel only make changes that you want or need. Start out by asking what do you want on the truck that isn't on it now? look Chris's list, I think he has made more changes than anyone. I'm sure he will be happy to advise you. Talk to John he hasa lot of knowledge about the Rebel. Congrats and enjoy.
Big Red

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely antenna. Take it slow, look around at other trucks, watch some truck shows, talk to friends that have trucks. If you can ask why they made a particular mod. This is "your" Rebel only make changes that you want or need. Start out by asking what do you want on the truck that isn't on it now? look Chris's list, I think he has made more changes than anyone. I'm sure he will be happy to advise you. Talk to John he hasa lot of knowledge about the Rebel. Congrats and enjoy.
Big Red
Welcome. Try changing your antenna.
Awesome thanks guys. By antenna you meant the radio one? I noticed it is kinda out of place. Should I go stubby? And is that a quick screw out, screw back in?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yes, it's easy to screw out and replace. There's a few choices, Stubbs look good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's easy to screw out and replace. There's a few choices, Stubbs look good.
Any particular place good to buy from?

Also would you happen to know what width tires go on the stock rims? I know they are 33s but I was wondering, because my truck came with a set of four all black rims and I wanted to wrap them up with something a bit more aggressive to fit the look of the truck.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
There are probably 10 different threads on tires, and what works and what doesn't, in the subforums here. Most guys seem to go for 12.5" wide and either 34" or 35" tall, such as a 12.5x35r17. Problem with 35" at that width is that they rub and usually require a slight lift. Most 315/70r17s will be 12.4" wide and 34.4" tall, but you may run into rubbing issues. I recommend you go through the subforums here and read some of the discussions. Lots of good info.

·
Registered
969 Posts
A good place to find smaller mods is Amazon, it will also give you some ideas and information on various products.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Johnj is right about tire information, it's best to do some reading here. I am by no means as informed about tires as most people but theirs a lot of info here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are probably 10 different threads on tires, and what works and what doesn't, in the subforums here. Most guys seem to go for 12.5" wide and either 34" or 35" tall, such as a 12.5x35r17. Problem with 35" at that width is that they rub and usually require a slight lift. Most 315/70r17s will be 12.4" wide and 34.4" tall, but you may run into rubbing issues. I recommend you go through the subforums here and read some of the discussions. Lots of good info.
Well after getting off the phone with the Parts department at my dealer I'm now thinking I might have the rims changed over to the all black and try and sell the stock Rebel rims and put that money towards having them install the Mopar cat back exhaust system and CAI that comes as optional upgrades. I stupidly didn't think to have it installed and rolled into the price of the vehicle but we all make mistakes. I'll have to cruise the buy/sell/trade forums here. I might swap out the sidesteps at some point once I get front mudflaps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts