Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, just wanted to put this out there. The first peeve I ran into with the Rebel was no remote start from stock. Wow, was I ever shocked! In Canada, the winters are kinda brutal cold and paying upwards of 50k for any vehicle, it should come with a stock remote start. My 2014 had it and I loved it and I never even though of asking if the Rebel cam with it or not as I figured for that price and in that year, It for sure had that as a base option. It doesn't and that came close for me to leave it at the lot to be honest. The sales lady saw my disgust and came forward in saying that the dealer would put one in as she also never thought that vehicle did not come with it. I made sure to verify that the warranty would still be good and all will be settled. I will have a remote start, just not from factory so that means 2 remotes :(

Just wondering if anyone's Rebel with a push start came with a remote start as that was the reason they gave me for the Rebels not coming with it from factory.

Cheers!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't think remote start is available with our lowering key fobs. The seat warmers and specially the steering wheel warmers worked so well that I didn't miss it at all. I did install the washer heater, that helped and would have with a starter too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't have push button start, but you may be right about being fed a line. I was told I could not have remote start as my key fob would not accept another command feature on this VIN. I could add a remote start on an aftermarket fob, just not RAM as it was "Full".

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Seems to be a common issue with both the 15's and the 16's. Adding Ram's remote start to a truck that's already been built causes a lot of issues and denials from dealers.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I suspect the issue is that there is some special mod required to the ignition sense circuitry. It's a mod that FCA for some reason can't make after the truck's been produced. Maybe a liability issue? Don't really know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got mine installed and I can use both the Rebel remote or the other one. I like the remote that came with the starter as it can start it from way further then the Ram remote and it tells me if the truck actually started. So all in all it ended up being a nice screw up lol.
But I do agree they fed me a Line of crap at the dealershit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just left my dealer this morning and they are telling them that if the remote start wasn't installed from the factory, it cannot be added.

So I am curious to follow this thread to see how others make out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.