Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
And all only 90 lbs before adds. Did he mention what the tops static rating was?
Yeah, they're pretty light...I think the Rambox version is 70-something lbs.
I don't recall the static load rating if he mentioned it, but I'm sure it's solid. I'll probably give him another call tomorrow to follow up on the design, and I'll ask him about static load rating

·
Registered
228 Posts
Scratch that. I just looked up the Decked system. I wish I knew about that before I got my tonneau cover :(
Now I am stuck with a tonneau cover and I could have got the deck for about the same price
Well, you could be a complete knucklehead and try to put a slider on top of the decked too.. I'm not saying that I've already looked into building two aluminum plates to handle the torq is would put on the plastic of the decked. I'm not not saying it either.

I just keep thinking about how useful a kitchen slider would be under the rack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a pic of Napier bed tent on the rebel. Fit is great. Decent cheap alternative to a roof tent. It rained all night and we stayed dry. Setup is a little more painful than a regular tent but nothing major once you know how.

Ramp tent.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my backflip cover before I started thinking about a RTT. Unfortunately after the fact I realized how scarce rack options are for tonnaue covers. After months of researching and almost spending 6-700 dollars, I decided to piece together a roof rack system that bolts to my bed rails. I found that Rhino rack components were the cheapest and as far as I could see had the highest weight rating compared to Thule and Yakima. Total cost I believe was 385 bucks for all the pieces. Its lockable and removable in seconds, super light weight aluminum and looks pretty cool as far as I'm concerned. Holds up my Tepui Tent great. IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0381.jpg IMG_0372.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my backflip cover before I started thinking about a RTT. Unfortunately after the fact I realized how scarce rack options are for tonnaue covers. After months of researching and almost spending 6-700 dollars, I decided to piece together a roof rack system that bolts to my bed rails. I found that Rhino rack components were the cheapest and as far as I could see had the highest weight rating compared to Thule and Yakima. Total cost I believe was 385 bucks for all the pieces. Its lockable and removable in seconds, super light weight aluminum and looks pretty cool as far as I'm concerned. Holds up my Tepui Tent great. View attachment 23713 View attachment 23721 View attachment 23729
Looks awesome. Im also looking at tepui tent. I noticed the tires. Did u lift the truck also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks awesome. Im also looking at tepui tent. I noticed the tires. Did u lift the truck also?
The Tepui is awesome, and its a local company here in Santa Cruz so I was able to pick it up at their warehouse. Yeah I got a good deal on Black Friday for the tires, and couldn't pass up the matching red. Suspension is all stock, and unfortunately they are "big" 35s and do rub a good amount at full lock. Doesn't affect normal driving at all, I just use "offload mode" in parking lots and when I need to turn tight haha. Worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Installed my ARB twin compressor in the drivers side Rambox...with the switch and quick connect coupler mounted in there as well.
DVC, are you running a bottle with this? - NVM, I see the outlet going straight to the coupler. How much CFM did you lose being so far away from the battery? You just gave me an idea with mine, though. I think I'll make the tank portable and feed it from the quick connect. It looks fantastic!

·
Registered
334 Posts
DVC, are you running a bottle with this? - NVM, I see the outlet going straight to the coupler. How much CFM did you lose being so far away from the battery? You just gave me an idea with mine, though. I think I'll make the tank portable and feed it from the quick connect. It looks fantastic!
You're correct, no external tank. This twin compressor is pretty impressive, so I don't think I'll add a tank.
I'm not aware of any degradation of the 4.68cfm @29 psi rating with my setup. The wiring is maybe 12-15' so I wouldn't think there would be any significant voltage drop that would impact the performance. (Thoughts?) At any rate, it seems to work very well...

·
Registered
228 Posts
You're correct, no external tank. This twin compressor is pretty impressive, so I don't think I'll add a tank.
I'm not aware of any degradation of the 4.68cfm @29 psi rating with my setup. The wiring is maybe 12-15' so I wouldn't think there would be any significant voltage drop that would impact the performance. (Thoughts?) At any rate, it seems to work very well...
If you're using 1/0 you'll get a minimum voltage drop of about 6% = ~proportional CFM drop. With that said, that thing is WAY above the rest when it comes to pushing air. Mine will be about the same length but plan on using 4 Gauge when I run mine.

Speaking of, how did you run the wire? I'm guessing you have a better path to the bed with the RamBoxes than I will.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you're using 1/0 you'll get a minimum voltage drop of about 6% = ~proportional CFM drop. With that said, that thing is WAY above the rest when it comes to pushing air. Mine will be about the same length but plan on using 4 Gauge when I run mine.

Speaking of, how did you run the wire? I'm guessing you have a better path to the bed with the RamBoxes than I will.
It was a pretty straight shot from the battery in the engine compartment, down under the chassis, then back up into the fender and into the bottom of the Rambox...probably much the same without Ramboxes.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts