Ram Rebel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm still trying to find a good rack that I can mount a tent to but also work with a bed cover.

I also have a Jeep Wrangler, so I should concentrate on building it out more than the truck.
Tuff Stuff makes a universal rack for a RTT that looks pretty cool. I think it could work with bed cover too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a few pics of my setup. '19 Rebel with a Tuff Stuff 4x4 rack and Roam Adventures tent, awning, and annex.

All cleaned up.

Here's the annex installed when it was on my old truck.

A pair of muffler clamps mounted the awning and some scrap plate with some Hi Lift mounts made for a spot for the Rotopax fuel can. The rubber straps hold a shovel if I'm so inclined.

And because I don't want to look like "that guy" when I'm daily driving I like to take the tent off as often as I can when not using it regularly. So I'm in the process of building this hoist so I can remove the tent and rack myself. The plan is to drop it onto a wooden cart so I can wheel it into the backyard when not using it. It slips into the receiver, swivels, and has a winch. It still needs work, though. Balancing strength with a reasonable weight is the challenge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have a pull camper so I dont have everything on the truck, but I am setting up all the recovery gear for off roading in the truck. I have seen the built rite Molle rack system and like the idea, unfortunately they dont have Ram products just yet. Im impatient so I decided to make my own, (let me preface that I am not skilled in any metal work and have limited tools, also I have only rough prototypes at the moment and they will be modified and upgraded as I go).
I will post as I go if some of you are interested.
The Built rite has sections about 12-24 inches and if you get enough to cover one bed side it would be about $350-400. I bout all the materials and some tools (a grinder/cutoff) that I have made BOTH besides and still have material left over, for about $250.
The recovery gear that I have : Max traxx, power tank, high-lift, shovel, axe, misc winch gear, and tools. Most of the tools can kept in the ram boxes. Im sorting out the configuration that I like, but this rack will be fully adjustable and modify-able for any gear and you can change it as you change your mind or change gear.
The rack can also be removed totally as its held in place by litch pins, and locked with a trailer pin lock. Ill be painting it with bed liner to keep corrosion down. Its pretty solid but light at the same time.
Any questions feel free to ask, ill update as I go

41 - 46 of 46 Posts