Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Snow
I've been able to do a little light off roading near my house high up in the Rocky Mountains since buying this truck. I've had my Rebel for about a month and 4000 miles as of today.

In town driving performance is incredible for such a big rig. The engine sounds great!

Off road in the snow is a blast and packed snow is fun drifting exercise.... deep snow however is a little nerve racking since the truck is heavy and can sink into deep wet & thick snow and get stuck. The tires aren't the best deep snow tires but they are great all around highway/in town/off road tires and they look pretty cool. However I'm already thinking about what I'll replace them with.... I wish this truck came with the same tires the Power Wagon comes with - those look bad ass and are supposed to be great snow tires too. Or BFG AT's, those would be perfect on this rig.

Off road on dirt and Rocky Mountain roads is great, but I haven't really had much snow free off roading time yet. I am going to Moab for a day this coming weekend, and will get some off road time in so that should be fun. Then driving to Los Angeles for a little road trip fun. I'm hoping to get a little Mohave desert fun in also but we will see what the wife says!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I turned off traction control and did a few donuts in the parking lot. I was surprised that the beefy tires had very little traction in the snow....but it was fun either way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.