Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed on my 2020 rebel at ~800 miles, emptied and cleaned at 3k. Kind of shocking to see the gunk it caught.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2019 with the lifetime warranty. I inquired about a catch can and was told by FCA installing anything that can be linked to causing issues down the road with stock parts will void the warranty. This has kept me from doing any mods unfortunately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think it depends on the dealership. I asked specifically about the catch can and was told by the service manager that it was no problem, nor would exhaust, intake, chip tune, etc as long as it was installed and used correctly they would honor the warranty. It only became an issue when internal components started getting messed with. A catch can is just placed in the middle of the pcv line that doesn’t change any functionality it just literally catches oil and the crap it carries. It installed in like 5 minutes and only benefits the 5.7

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good for you. Since this is my retirement present to myself and plan to have for many years I just can't take that chance. Especially when FCA said what they did. I would love to have a catch can and yeah, simple to install but personnel at dealers will change over time and would hate to be ok and then get told I voided the lifetime warranty? Cold feet, probably.... I even got a 2nd opinion through a close friend of mine who works for FCA at one of their proving grounds. He said any mods they can point to that effects any other part will void that parts warranty. It would be great if FCA or RAM would say what mods are ok and what aren't to keep any warranty in place.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow.. my apologies man. I have no intentions of excessively modding my truck out, but the catch can was recommended by my dealer as almost a necessity because of the blow by the 5.7 has and the willingness to eat their own cams. I didn’t believe it until I looked it up. I don’t plan on keeping it forever, but I still bought the extended warranty. I’ve already had to use it on just about every complaint that’s been listed in this forum, from the 12 inch screen not working, to the back up camera, sagging suspension (coils not bags), excessive wind noise in the windshield, the list goes on. I love the truck but I don’t think I’ll ever consider buying another. My truck has 3k on it and has been to the dealer almost every 2 weeks

·
Registered
91 Posts
No need. I really, really, really wanted a catch can! But after speaking with FCA and my friend I didn't want to take the chance. I had the blue screen of death on my 8" screen when I 1st bought it but after the radio update I've been good (knock on wood). Only issue I've had to deal with (again, knock on wood). I bought it in July 2018 and I'm at 15,700 miles. I have the air suspension. I live in the desert so getting cold or freezing temps doesn't effect me. However, once a year in the fall I head to the Eastern Sierras for a week long trout excursion where it does get into the 20's and I've been good there so far. I was advised if I got the air suspension to get the lifetime warranty. Sure glad I did as they don't offer it nay longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts