Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I moved the rebel out of the garage this morning and notice a dime size spot of oil on the floor. Super clean and golden.

Crawled under to take a look but couldn't find anything. Then I send out at lunch to take a second look and found that behind the oil pan, on the side of the transmission, there is what looks like a cooler, or comp unit.

It is aluminum and has grooves cut into it. One of the bolts on it had clean oil sitting on it ready to drop and the electrical boot next to it had some oil on it. I wiped off and will drive home hopefully to not find any more.

but if i do should I make sure all the bolts are tight. Hate taking by truck the dealer, 1 because it's so nice to drive but second don't feel like getting it there and having it sit in their lot.

Any thoughts, and sorry for the long winded write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree, but figured the truck is going in in about 2 weeks for bumper to get aligned and some Scratches to get buffed out so if it doesn't stop by then it will be on their list.

·
Banned
248 Posts
I agree, but figured the truck is going in in about 2 weeks for bumper to get aligned and some Scratches to get buffed out so if it doesn't stop by then it will be on their list.

Add some oil until then and keep adding it as it leaks out all over your garage floor, then have the dealer come out and clean your garage

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Really didn't do anything to mine. I hate fooling around in cold weather. Just the nerf bars and a shorty antenna.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to update… Took the truck to the dealership on Monday, they could not find the leak until Tuesday when they called me and asked me where I thought it was coming from. Then they said that was it and it was coming from the transmission cooler. They straightened the bumper fixed the problem and brought the truck outside, for me to pick in an hour...before I got there someone in the parking lot proceeded to open their door into my driver side door. Now the truck goes back on Monday to have the dent removed and door repainted. At the dealers expense. The only bright side is that the service manager actually called me to tell me rather than wait for me to find myself. And that he said he would get me some shirts hats and sweatshirts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just to update… Took the truck to the dealership on Monday, they could not find the leak until Tuesday when they called me and asked me where I thought it was coming from. Then they said that was it and it was coming from the transmission cooler. They straightened the bumper fixed the problem and brought the truck outside, for me to pick in an hour...before I got there someone in the parking lot proceeded to open their door into my driver side door. Now the truck goes back on Monday to have the dent removed and door repainted. At the dealers expense. The only bright side is that the service manager actually called me to tell me rather than wait for me to find myself. And that he said he would get me some shirts hats and sweatshirts

door dings suck more than oil leaks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine's only 3 days old, and I pulled it out of the garage to find the same thing.
3 drops.
Dealer's an hour and a half away. I'll wait until my first oil change.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mine's only 3 days old, and I pulled it out of the garage to find the same thing.
3 drops.
Dealer's an hour and a half away. I'll wait until my first oil change.
that first oil change is a long ways away. filter on tight?

·
Registered
10 Posts
So guys with the oil leaks, what ever happened? I'm going through a nightmare with mine!!! Rear main seal fixed once, and now leaking again and back at dealer. This truck has been at the dealer longer than in my driveway! I'm fed up!!! Any updates would be appreciated and helpful as I pursue legal action against FCA...Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts