Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wheels I am buying are 20x10 fuel nuts -24 offset. I'm going to pass on the 37's for now and buy some 35's for the wheels. Does anyone think I'll have a problem with this setup if I just do the link mod for now?
I'm going to lift it next spring and switch to 37 then, but I can't afford the lift, and the wheels and tires all right now.
It's my wifes birthday tomorrow so I bought her a Min Pin today and that came out of my mod money.
It was worth it though when I gave her the new puppy. Oh, and I like the puppy too so it was a win, win..
Bill

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I want a puppy ! i know who you need to email or call. I'll go find there info and get it to you on here

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
these guys have the links to raise your truck too, ask guys on here though how it rides after you raise it though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Joe, I can tell you personally will be a lot of help to me. Like I said before, Your truck looks great.
I look forward to getting my truck nicely modded and for it to stand out over stock Rebels. Nothing wrong with a stock Rebel but I always enjoy making my vehicles a little diffrrent then off the showroom floor.
And a lot of the fun for me is reading, learning, modding, and sharing info with other members.
Thanks again,
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, you will notice over time that I am very indecisive and also impulsive. I am now going with the 20x10 Fuel Nuts wheels with -24 offset. I really, really want the 37's so I'm back on that. They are 37x13.5x20 Nittos.
I should have them tomorrow night.
I posted to Revel Performance to see it their lift links set on 2.5" lift will work for now to run with the 37's. Next spring, (Tax Return) I'll do a proper lift. I'm really hoping with the lift links ill be able to get by to run these wheels and tires.
If not they will have to sit in my Garage till I can by the right lift. So if thats the case the right lift will have to come before next spring as it will be killing me seeing the 37's everyday while I'm rolling on little 33's... lol
Bill

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
are you putting these on yourself, make sure you go through the Uconnect settings on the radio and turn the air ride to jack mode before you start lifting the truck off the ground. you are going to go with a monster of a tire, height and width. Personally I doubt that you will fit that without a medium lift. Not positive but, it seems like a lot of tire.
i have 35x12.5 20s. i wish i went smaller. the truck just acts different, theres vibration at certain speeds if you are coasting, on highway the truck feels slow, maybe its just me getting old. This is my first experience with a lifted truck. anyways, good luck and hope you get what you want. there is a truck on here with 33'a on 20s. it looks very good to me. I'll find it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i have 35x12.5 20s. i wish i went smaller. the truck just acts different, theres vibration at certain speeds if you are coasting, on highway the truck feels slow, maybe its just me getting old. This is my first experience with a lifted truck. anyways, good luck and hope you get what you want. there is a truck on here with 33'a on 20s. it looks very good to me. I'll find it.
Larger tires have that effect, making a vehicle seem slightly more sluggish in turning, less responsive, once you go past a certain point for any vehicle. Vibration shouldn't be happening. I've had issues with cars where I'd get a nasty vibration at a certain speed, it's usually been due to tire balance. It's not really a perfectly exact science with most shops, they get close enough that their equipment says it's good, and they're done. A lot of times they spin the tire up to low highway speeds, 55/60, rather than up to 75mph equivalent, and there are other factors at work at those speeds besides just pure centripetal force. I stood and watched one guy check a tire I was having issues with, he ran it up to 65 and proclaimed it perfect. I had him run it up to 85. It started vibrating heavily at 70. He popped off the weight, put it back on less that 1/4" from where it had been, and the vibration disappeared.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
the vibration i get is at 34-37mph, 43-47mph. If I am light on the gas i feel it. if I am heavier on the gas the vibration is not there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you putting these on yourself, make sure you go through the Uconnect settings on the radio and turn the air ride to jack mode before you start lifting the truck off the ground. you are going to go with a monster of a tire, height and width. Personally I doubt that you will fit that without a medium lift. Not positive but, it seems like a lot of tire.
Thanks for letting me know to put it in jack mode.
That would have been a bad mistake if I didn't.
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That truck does look pretty nice.
I do like the look of lifted trucks with bigger tires.
When I bought the Rebel that was the plan.
I love drag racing, and with truck I usually go the other way and lower them and mod them to be quicker.
My 14 Ram crewcab 4x4 I ended up trading it in on my S4 because it wasn't quick enough. It ran a best of 13.6 and that is way to slow for me.
So I made a deal with my wife and son, trade in the S4 and get another crew 4x4. And part of the deal was no racing it so making it bigger with oversized tires it will still make me happy by the truck looking tough, but also will kill my urge to make it quick and bring it to the track..
Bill

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
the vibration i get is at 34-37mph, 43-47mph. If I am light on the gas i feel it. if I am heavier on the gas the vibration is not there.
Most likely two tires could use slight adjustments. Usually each tire has a sympathetic resonance, a speed where the vibration is worst, like a tuning fork. Tires always vibrate, balancing just reduces vibration enough so you don't detect it. Sounds like you need balancing around 35.5mph on one tire, and another is acting up at 45.

There are other problems that could cause something like this, but it's a near-new truck and tires are the most common culprit anyway.

Q

·
0 Posts
The wheels I am buying are 20x10 fuel nuts -24 offset. I'm going to pass on the 37's for now and buy some 35's for the wheels. Does anyone think I'll have a problem with this setup if I just do the link mod for now?
I'm going to lift it next spring and switch to 37 then, but I can't afford the lift, and the wheels and tires all right now.
It's my wifes birthday tomorrow so I bought her a Min Pin today and that came out of my mod money.
It was worth it though when I gave her the new puppy. Oh, and I like the puppy too so it was a win, win..
Bill
Post a photo of the mini pin sitting on the hood of your truck, so the little dog can meet a big dog!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Post a photo of the mini pin sitting on the hood of your truck, so the little dog can meet a big dog!
Lol that would be funny. My wife would kill me though as the Min Pin is only 2.5 pounds right now and she is so protective over her thinking she's going to get hurt before she gets bigger. Full grown she should be about 7 pounds max. Lol
Bill

Q

·
0 Posts
Lol that would be funny. My wife would kill me though as the Min Pin is only 2.5 pounds right now and she is so protective over her thinking she's going to get hurt before she gets bigger. Full grown she should be about 7 pounds max. Lol
Bill
Sit them both on the hood then.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ok, you will notice over time that I am very indecisive and also impulsive. I am now going with the 20x10 Fuel Nuts wheels with -24 offset. I really, really want the 37's so I'm back on that. They are 37x13.5x20 Nittos.
I should have them tomorrow night.
I posted to Revel Performance to see it their lift links set on 2.5" lift will work for now to run with the 37's. Next spring, (Tax Return) I'll do a proper lift. I'm really hoping with the lift links ill be able to get by to run these wheels and tires.
If not they will have to sit in my Garage till I can by the right lift. So if thats the case the right lift will have to come before next spring as it will be killing me seeing the 37's everyday while I'm rolling on little 33's... lol
Bill
Good luck on quitting drag racing. It's been over 40 years and I'm still miss it. Enjoy the Rebel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts