Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ordering a 23’ GT at about Christmas time. Currently stationed in Japan and driving a lifted Jeep Wrangler with 33” tires, and returning home next summer.

Should I get the 4 corner air suspension? Or stay with the standard ones? I heard Rebel has the upgraded shocks, but no sales would confirm with me.

I do plan on putting 34x12.5 KO2 should I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love the air suspension on my 2017 Rebel. Smooth ride on highway and off-road. Love the option to lower the bed when making a Home Depot run or getting my 85-year-old mother into the cab. The off-road air suspension mode is awesome without having the disadvantages of a lift kit.

I would not recommend it if you live where the temps get below freezing. My rear airbags started to leak after 5 years/94,000 miles. It cost me $1,100 to replace with two brand new airbags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel if I order a new Rebel it will be pretty much stock, in fact I would like it to be equipped pretty much like my 2019 RAM Lone Star Edition, 4X4, 5.7, Factor Running Boards, Crew Cab, and stock rear axle ratio. I would probably upgrade the radio to the big one, I like the star wars look, as pretty much else is standard I would get carried away with options that I will never use as Off Roading with me will not be done. I might also go for the dual tailgate option. I would like it to list out close to $60,000, but that may not be possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry this took awhile - that darn thing called "work" got in the way! Not the best picture of her but still good looking. The suspension is in "normal" height in this pic. View attachment 32694
Looks great. I decided to stay with the stock suspension as many reported some issues in the cold climate regions. I am in Washington.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts