Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
genuine question for you...if you were going to put different wheels/tires/lift on the truck anyway, why buy a Rebel? i haven't done the math, but wouldn't it be cheaper to order a standard 1500 with similar options and then aftermarket mod it? you wouldn't get the Rebel grill, but other than that?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
genuine question for you...if you were going to put different wheels/tires/lift on the truck anyway, why buy a Rebel? i haven't done the math, but wouldn't it be cheaper to order a standard 1500 with similar options and then aftermarket mod it? you wouldn't get the Rebel grill, but other than that?
I'm getting different tires and rims eventually... At that rate again why buy anything nicer than a base model? Everything on the Rebel can be found on other models other than the trim level. Just saying...

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, not everything else is available as options on other models...for me it was the convenience of getting it straight from the dealer. lift/tires/wheels/shocks/steel bumpers/interior...however, if i was going to put different tires/wheels/lift on it, i'd consider doing the shocks and bumpers myself too, and forego the interior.

i'm not being critical, i'm just curious about the various reasons people have for doing what they do, as the Rebel clearly appeals to the sub-market of folks who are inclined to non-stock trucks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
well, not everything else is available as options on other models...for me it was the convenience of getting it straight from the dealer. lift/tires/wheels/shocks/steel bumpers/interior...however, if i was going to put different tires/wheels/lift on it, i'd consider doing the shocks and bumpers myself too, and forego the interior.

i'm not being critical, i'm just curious about the various reasons people have for doing what they do, as the Rebel clearly appeals to the sub-market of folks who are inclined to non-stock trucks.
Oh didn't think you were being critical. There are only a small handful of items really that are Rebel exclusive...I could probably buy a slt and spend just as much on mods to get where the Rebel is...justdont have that much time but I enjoy doing mods so when time and money allow I still want to make the truck mine and not just run of the mill cookie cutter

Reactions: Arkansas_Rebel

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally, if I needed a lift, wheels, tires, etc or was planning to just do those anyway; then I would have just bought a Laramie. That way I could have my ventilated seats for the summer.

Actually, that's what I did back in 2014 when the 6.4L Hemi came out. Grabbed a Laramie and swapped out everything discussed in this thread so far. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I haven't seen the answer anywhere else here. But what did you do for a lift? Yours is the only lifted air suspension Ram I've seen.
Lmao...bad question to ask @joe :) you're probably gonna need to buy him a case of beer to get through that heartache of a story

Q

·
0 Posts
Nice looking steps, I got mine in today and they look awesome I cant wait for my truck to come in so I can put them on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah, i think part of the Rebel's appeal is that it's not "cookie cutter." and if RAM gets positive responses to the Rebel and Laramie Ltd styling and expands it across the entire lineup, that'll push me to up-mod my Rebel to stand out.

one thing i'm interested in doing right away is some wheel spacing to improve the stance. from a distance the Rebel can be reminiscent of a Ford Ranger in relative tire/truck size. i was considering maybe 1" outside the fenders to make the profile a bit more aggressive...any limitations or considerations? i've never done any spacing before.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
yeah, i think part of the Rebel's appeal is that it's not "cookie cutter." and if RAM gets positive responses to the Rebel and Laramie Ltd styling and expands it across the entire lineup, that'll push me to up-mod my Rebel to stand out.

one thing i'm interested in doing right away is some wheel spacing to improve the stance. from a distance the Rebel can be reminiscent of a Ford Ranger in relative tire/truck size. i was considering maybe 1" outside the fenders to make the profile a bit more aggressive...any limitations or considerations? i've never done any spacing before.
I'm looking to do the same... Need to make sure you use hub centric spacers is about all I know right now

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Generally speaking, just about everything on the Rebel that's unique to the Rebel is trim work. However, there are a few non-trim changes that make a slight different for off-roading, which is the only reason they're included. I spent a lot of time looking around, and these are the only non-trim changes I could find.
Air shock system - software settings modified from other models
Bilstein monotube shock absorbers to reduce body motion
Softer rear stabilizer bar for off-road suspension articulation
Wheel alignment specs revised for new ride height
0.5" wider track width
180A alternator

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 746 Haven't driven it very far since the lift got done.

Needs less air in the tires.

Nice day for a ride anyway.
What lift did you use? I know BDS was working on a 4 inch life that would be out in 2016 but wasn't aware of another company. How does the truck ride after the life. Did you life it at the normal setting so you still have some use of the stock air suspension? Thanks. And nice truck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts