Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I put truck in R (100 miles) and Park Sense disable comes across the DIC. Its turned on on the settings app in the radio menu for both camera and sound. But no matter what (even if I wipe the grit off the sensor) will it work
Any ideas???
Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
260 Posts
Only time i've had problems with rear sensors are when they were covered in dirt, looks like you say you've cleaned the camera?
You need to clean the sensors in the bumper

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wiped off all sensors and camera and still have the DIC message. Hmm... Wasn't expecting a back to dealer trip in the 150 miles she has on her now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a problem on my last ram with the rear park sensors not working properly when they were wet and very cold which was causing them to freeze, usually would clear itself up after sitting in the garage overnight. Didn't always happen, seemed to be hit or miss with certain weather conditions.
Sounds like you may have other problems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm the village idiot. So the park sense is turned on in the setttings but evidently next to the passenger side heated seat switch is ANOTHER switch to turn Park Sense off. Not saying my passenger pushed it by mistake when turning on the heated seat, but it was pushed and that's why the Park Sense didn't work. Shaking My Head. My own fault. HAHAHAHA. And BTW, my 2016 built in Nov 2015 DOES NOT have dual climate and auto climate control even though I have the 8.4N radio which says it comes with standard. BALLZ

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm the village idiot. So the park sense is turned on in the setttings but evidently next to the passenger side heated seat switch is ANOTHER switch to turn Park Sense off
I didn't know that either, good info

G

·
Wiped off all sensors and camera and still have the DIC message. Hmm... Wasn't expecting a back to dealer trip in the 150 miles she has on her now.
So I take it you have to keep those clean, does snow effect them too?
and you also mentioned your vehicle as a her, does she have a name.
My present Ram truck does. I figured in the past when you treat her right they will run forever 286450 later she's still going strong, but her body is so,so. like any woman. LOL...

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I had my exhaust put on it was cold bad weather and they washed my truck up and when I left mine weren't working. Thought they messed it up somehow doing the exhaust. It was from freezing water. My window wouldn't go down either. All cleared up when it thawed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very common Canadian problem. Park sensors on any brand don't like frozen water or frost, it seems. I get park sensor warnings all the time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm the village idiot. So the park sense is turned on in the setttings but evidently next to the passenger side heated seat switch is ANOTHER switch to turn Park Sense off. Not saying my passenger pushed it by mistake when turning on the heated seat, but it was pushed and that's why the Park Sense didn't work. Shaking My Head. My own fault. HAHAHAHA. And BTW, my 2016 built in Nov 2015 DOES NOT have dual climate and auto climate control even though I have the 8.4N radio which says it comes with standard. BALLZ
You may be a victim of timing. I ordered my Rebel on October 17th, 2015 and at that time the Ram Truck build and price website didn't show dual climate zone as an option. I asked the dealer why it wasn't available since the spots were there on the controls and other Rams have it, but he wasn't sure. Then when we went to my placed my order, it was a dealer selectable option and it was 3'ish weeks later that the build and price showed it as an option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
people cant make typos on here without some wise ass chiming in . this is a truck forum with people giving and getting advise .

·
Banned
246 Posts
It's actually an option you can purchase dual climate control

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
people cant make typos on here without some wise ass chiming in . this is a truck forum with people giving and getting advise .
Phhh, it's a truck forum with guys ribbing each other from time to time.

What do you mean you have no park sensors? Check your build sheet. The option Rear Camera and Park Assist Group includes:
ParkSense Rear Park Assist System <===
Parkview Rear Back-up Camera

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have back up camera but know sensors, am I the only one ?
I have the same setup as you. I have the camera but no park assist. There is a setting in your camera where you can turn on "guidelines". But do not trust those lines as the gospel. They are very deceiving.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts