Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm planning a 3,000 mile round trip with my 2017 Ram Rebel. Ill be towing a 4000lb 18ft trailer loaded with about 3000lbs of cargo. I did some weighing today and my truck with me in it weights 6150lbs and by truck with me in it and tongue weight is 7050lbs. Ill be adding another 200-300lbs of cargo weight to the bed of the truck so my total weigh on the suspension will be about 7400lbs.

Should I be concerned with hauling this distance with this type of loading? My Tongue weight alone is about 900lbs.

I am unsure of how robust the air suspension is. I don't want any blow outs halfway through the trip.

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
What's your payload capacity?
Mine is 1137 if you distribute the load correctly on the trailer your tongue weight should be 700 pounds.
700 +300 (extra cargo in the bed) + you/passengers (I weigh 250) is 1250 and over the payload capacity by 113 pounds.
I wouldn't consider that to be a deal breaker and the air ride should handle it fine but know if you get in a wreck you could be fined and held liable for being over payload.

·
Registered
2017 bighorn 4x4
4 Posts
payload is the total weight of passengers, cargo, fuel, tong weight combined not to exceed total gross vehicle weight rating GVWR. fill up gas, load all your cargo on the truck, hookup your loaded trailer and get the truck only with you in it on the scale (trailer of the scale) this would be your GROSS vehicle weight and compere it with the truck GVWR
hop this helps. X2 "but know if you get in a wreck you could be fined and held liable for being over payload".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts