Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it does not give it any more HP, it just improves throttle response.

My guess is, it tricks the PC and tells it you are pushing the pedal down further than you actually are.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm up to about page 30....seems very few people are having issues. Many of them love it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Seems like I can "feel" in my mind how this would work. But I'm already trying not to drive like an a-hole with the power I have now.
All I need is a button that says "Go faster more quicker".

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice thing about the PC is that its customizable. You can dial it back with the other lower modes (City) and not necessarily go with the Sport or Sport + modes.

It doesn't interact with the computer so it shouldn't be an issue with warranties.

It doesn't seem to affect gas mileage (other than people pushing the pedal down ALOT more to test it out) :)

I'm going to order one of these....I was skeptical when I first heard about them...but after reading 40 pages or so of that linked thread...I'm sold. Only have 50 miles on the Rebel right now...so its going to wait a month or two...have $1500+ in mods being done in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks JayD. I actually read all 68 pages of that thread. I'll be ordering one of these tomorrow.

Even the Amazon.com reviews are excellent.

I'll probably use the Ram10 code on their website...I can get $15 off on Amazon due to some general rebates I have...but may as well save the $30.

Looks like a great little piece of equipment!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks JayD. I actually read all 68 pages of that thread. I'll be ordering one of these tomorrow.

Even the Amazon.com reviews are excellent.

I'll probably use the Ram10 code on their website...I can get $15 off on Amazon due to some general rebates I have...but may as well save the $30.

Looks like a great little piece of equipment!

You have to let us know what you think, I have pretty much talked myself into getting too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well I ordered one....decided on Amazon (same product). I get 5% back on all Amazon purchases and I can get it tomorrow (1 day shipping). Using some points I had it cost me about $280 (including the 1 day shipping) and within a week or two I'll get another $15 to use later. About the same as ordering it off their website. And...I'll have it in hand tomorrow. I'm going on my first short trip (150 miles) on Saturday and will post back how it is.

Thanks for the links/videos and info! I was very skeptical at first on this...figured it was a tune or something...after reading 68 page thread I finally understand what it does.

It does not add horsepower.
It can actually improve fuel economy.
All it does is vastly improve throttle/pedal response when pushing down on the pedal.

If I understand it correctly...it changes the voltage going to the gas pedal...which eliminates the lag. It used to be you push down 10% on the gas...you get 10% throttle (old school cars/trucks). With all these computer controlled cars, and in an effort to improve mileage...companies have made it...push down 30% on the gas...get 10% throttle. Makes it squishy...have to push harder to get the same amount of throttle. Pedal Commander eliminates that.

I love the customization this thing offers. After reading the whole thread and watching a bunch of videos...you can set it to what is comfortable for you....sportier? city driving? eco? Whatever you choose.

It also does NOT interface with the computer in any way....so no warranty issues. This is NOT a tune.

Can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's awesome. You have to keep us updated, I get paid tomorrow so I might bite the bullet and order it tomorrow.

I was not sure till I read that thread as well. Seems like it will be a good addition to the truck. I'm also happy it won't hurt fuel economy.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.