Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a performance chip for my ram 1500 from a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. power tune performance chip

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the pulsar simply not to void warranty by swapping the pcm. I got a good bit of pep out of it for a fraction of the price of a full tuner and unlocked pcm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a performance chip for my ram 1500 from a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. power tune performance chip
How has it affected your fuel mileage?
I bought the pulsar simply not to void warranty by swapping the pcm. I got a good bit of pep out of it for a fraction of the price of a full tuner and unlocked pcm.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm probably going to order the pulsar soon, now that it supports tire size correction. The 12.7 mpg displayed average with the 35's is depressing. Even if the actual mpg is only 14, it would be a little less depressing to see that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I’ve had mine for about 6 weeks. Serious issues with pulsar. Posted my review with honesty and not bashing the company and guess what? It didn’t meet their requirements. Here’s my 2 cents. Don’t believe all the good you read on their site.

With this said, after 3 1/2 weeks of issues, they sent me a new one. It works great. I’m up 3 mpg and the responsiveness is crazy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the first one have issues from the beginning? Maybe just bad from the factory?
So the first one worked good for the first 4 days. It became very rhythmic that every 6 days it would cause my truck to barely run. After the third week it start d causing electronic shifter, gas pedal and air suspension.

The issue wasn’t the chip it was the customer service. All they would do is tell me to disconnect it and see if the issues went away. It took 6 weeks of the before the sent out a new one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the pulsar today and nothing but issues with it on my 2016. The only mode that worked was stock. Any other 7 modes and it would either die off of start, or get to 40mph and not shift gears. I trouble shot as much as i could, called the company and they are sending me a new unit with return of mine upon arrival. I hope this second one works for my truck. Its back to stock with no issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought a refurbished pulsar off eBay......$280. it seems to work well, but I have read about the surge that some people complain about. I'm not sure if it has the latest update. I have all 8 modes but on their instructions they said mode 5 and 6 was something other then what I have. For my tuner 5 and 6 it has tow and tow MDS off. I have to email pulsar and see what the latest update is. I have to tell you though, when you out that think in performance mode........it is like a totally different truck. Alot more fun to drive now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's the best performance chip? I have a 2015 Rebel.
At this very moment i have the Diablo sport T1000 about to upgrade to t2000. With this tuner u will need to Purchased Diablo sports PCM . I have the hemifever tune stage one at the moment on dyno i am at 402rwhp. The t200 is 499$ and the pcm is another 499 to 599 depending on years so i been told mine is a 2016 ram rebel

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the pulsar today and nothing but issues with it on my 2016. The only mode that worked was stock. Any other 7 modes and it would either die off of start, or get to 40mph and not shift gears. I trouble shot as much as i could, called the company and they are sending me a new unit with return of mine upon arrival. I hope this second one works for my truck. Its back to stock with no issues.

Well.....not looking good for pulsar. I got my second module from them today and its doing the same thing. It dies from park to drive, every time, no matter what level its on. Waiting for them to open up tomorrow and send them both back. Will check into another company that has a product that actually works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
At this very moment i have the Diablo sport T1000 about to upgrade to t2000. With this tuner u will need to Purchased Diablo sports PCM . I have the hemifever tune stage one at the moment on dyno i am at 402rwhp. The t200 is 499$ and the pcm is another 499 to 599 depending on years so i been told mine is a 2016 ram rebel

Did you have any issues with their products. After 2 pulsars, neither worked for my 2016.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you have any issues with their products. After 2 pulsars, neither worked for my 2016.
No deez I don’t have any thing bad to say about the DS t1000 This is very easy to use Now I do have the pedal commander to And I do see that the pedal commander is very very very great at the throttle response If that is something ur looking for but just as for a tuner if ur getting some one to make the tunes for u I say DS all the way yes it’s money but like they all ways say u got to pay to play Pulsar to me is on the cheap side never use them but when I did my research I didn’t see anything good on them and got push more to the DS Heads up the t1000 is for 1 vehicles only The t2000 is for more then 1 vehicle

·
Registered
49 Posts
No deez I don’t have any thing bad to say about the DS t1000 This is very easy to use Now I do have the pedal commander to And I do see that the pedal commander is very very very great at the throttle response If that is something ur looking for but just as for a tuner if ur getting some one to make the tunes for u I say DS all the way yes it’s money but like they all ways say u got to pay to play Pulsar to me is on the cheap side never use them but when I did my research I didn’t see anything good on them and got push more to the DS Heads up the t1000 is for 1 vehicles only The t2000 is for more then 1 vehicle
So you have the display and all? And if I needed to go stock, i could go back to my factory pcm for any warranty work?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you have the display and all? And if I needed to go stock, i could go back to my factory pcm for any warranty work?
The great thing about DS is that the pcm they give u is unlock factoring Meaning all u have to do is reset the tune to factory and don’t have to keep taking the pcm out. The shops will not find out and yes I do have the display

1 - 20 of 43 Posts