Ram Rebel Forum banner

Pictures of after market rims on your Rebel

201K views 170 replies 89 participants last post by  Npmaxwell 
#1 ·
I'm looking to see what kind of rims and tires you guys have put on your Rebel. I was looking at prices for Fuel Off Road rims and they said if i got 20X10 rims that could lead to rubbing.

#2 ·
Following cause I Wana see the pictures :)

Reactions: Jsmith72
#6 ·
If I had the money right now I would have 20" rims and 35" tires here tomorrow

#9 ·
@joe you are relentless buddy :D

Reactions: BCT
#12 ·
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

#14 ·
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Reactions: johnj and aw023
#21 ·
What size rims are those?
What size rims are those?
I like the 17 inch wheels with the large tires just like cars & trucks used to have. I dont care for the LARGE wheels with small tires. I see some 4 X 4 trucks that have the large wheels with "Rubber Band " looking tires that have about 3 to 4 inches of sidewalls, the Wheels which are expensive have NO PROTECTION from off road rocks, ruts etc. The rubber tire sidewalls offer protection by taking the punishment found off road. The taller the sidewall the better. I just think that these guys who have " ALL RIM " tiny tire sidewalls offer very little protection for the WHEEL RIMS. THE REBEL wheels look great however, i wonder how aftermarket rims such as the 5 spoke American Racing wheels such as the TORQUE THRUST would like on the REBEL ? I like
DEEP RIMS that have 5 spokes and the wheel have a large , deep look that still keeps the tires where they need to be so they dont stick out past the wheel well opening too far and mud flap/ spash guards etc. Would be useful.

I would like to have someone here who can PHOTO SHOP PICYURES to see what different wheels & tires would look like on my " ALL WHITE " no black painted , below the doors 2016 REBEL. I like the looks of deep looking wheels in the 17 inch only size.

#111 ·
I like the 17 inch wheels with the large tires just like cars & trucks used to have. I dont care for the LARGE wheels with small tires. I see some 4 X 4 trucks that have the large wheels with "Rubber Band " looking tires that have about 3 to 4 inches of sidewalls, the Wheels which are expensive have NO PROTECTION from off road rocks, ruts etc. The rubber tire sidewalls offer protection by taking the punishment found off road. The taller the sidewall the better. I just think that these guys who have " ALL RIM " tiny tire sidewalls offer very little protection for the WHEEL RIMS. THE REBEL wheels look great however, i wonder how aftermarket rims such as the 5 spoke American Racing wheels such as the TORQUE THRUST would like on the REBEL ? I like
DEEP RIMS that have 5 spokes and the wheel have a large , deep look that still keeps the tires where they need to be so they dont stick out past the wheel well opening too far and mud flap/ spash guards etc. Would be useful.

I would like to have someone here who can PHOTO SHOP PICYURES to see what different wheels & tires would look like on my " ALL WHITE " no black painted , below the doors 2016 REBEL. I like the looks of deep looking wheels in the 17 inch only size.
Go to tirerack.com you can view wheels on your truck

#22 ·
Gotta agree with you on preferences. Big rubber looks great on trucks. Small rubber / big wheels is a road racing thing. The wheels are lighter than the equivalent rubber. But you need smooth road for them. I've put that kind of thing on sports cars but it's not always a positive result. Sure, the car is a little quicker, but because of potholes and other problems including a piece of brick on a highway, I've suffered 3 or 4 bent rims and a number of flat tires that would otherwise not have been. One 1" deep pothole taken at 85mph bent both inner and outer lip of one front rim, causing an instant blowout and a rather exciting few seconds, and pretty much cured me of the whole thin tire scene.

I've been looking hard to at putting on 18" wheels if I go to 35" tires. Just because the wheel-to-tire ratio will still be about the same as stock appearance. But I wouldn't consider going bigger than that.

#28 ·
I have never liked the fuel rims at all. I love the rims and tires on my rebel!

#30 ·
Great looking Rebel! Well done.

#35 ·
Welcome, great Rebel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.