Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone plasti dipped the wheels yet, I want to see how it would look before going through the effort to plasti dip mine.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nope.. Was waiting myself

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just saw this thread... what colors were ya'll wanting to see? I have a guy in the local car scene that is wanting to take on the challenge of plasti-dipping the machined part of my rims white.. Turn them into giant snowflakes. lol

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I was originally looking at doing mine in a red metallic color to match the interior metal trim colors. I think the one that might have looked closest was called Cranberry Pearlizer. But now I'm considering just putting on different wheels.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was originally looking at doing mine in a red metallic color to match the interior metal trim colors. I think the one that might have looked closest was called Cranberry Pearlizer. But now I'm considering just putting on different wheels.
I thought of doing that as well. Just like @Ugiwraps wrappes his wheels. I would wrap them but idk how long I'm gonna keep them. If I don't go with the red metallic color. I might leave the black of the rim and change the rest to gun metal grey.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yep, @Ugiwraps has exactly the color I was considering, I think. It's vinyl rather than Plasti Dip. Looks great.

For gunmetal, I took the Black Rhino Warlord wheels off this jeep pic and dumped them on this Rebel pic. The wheels are gunmetal color. It's not a good photoshop, just a fast cut and paste for rough eyeballing. But it gives you an idea of what gunmetal might look like.

1273401_1015830731839595_8441573082308285302_o.jpg 06-2015-ram-1500-rebel-detroit-1.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I PlastiDipped mine, I liked it. But I'm going to be getting different wheels so I peeled it off. I did leave it on the lug nuts though as I can't stand chrome lugs on mostly black wheels.
Bill

Attachments

Q

·
0 Posts
Yep, @Ugiwraps has exactly the color I was considering, I think. It's vinyl rather than Plasti Dip. Looks great.

For gunmetal, I took the Black Rhino Warlord wheels off this jeep pic and dumped them on this Rebel pic. The wheels are gunmetal color. It's not a good photoshop, just a fast cut and paste for rough eyeballing. But it gives you an idea of what gunmetal might look like.

View attachment 1346 View attachment 1347
So is it possible to change the rims but keep the same tires, until time to change them out ?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
So is it possible to change the rims but keep the same tires, until time to change them out ?
Sure. Those wheels can be swapped out with most wheels the same size without any issue. You can also go up to an 8.5 or 9" wide wheel, although you might have to change offset - not really sure where the wheels might start rubbing. The stock tires are around 11.5" wide. So you can even run to rims of about 10" wide with them. I wouldn't do that, but I would consider it if moving to 12.5" wide tires.

Generally (and this is just my opinion) it's nice to have rubber tread and sidewall sticking out 1-1.5" past the wheel, helps protect the wheel from scrapes and whatnot, especially off-road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts