Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to plastidip my tow hooks this weekend. I used the glossifier to provide a "gloss" finish. Pretty happy with how they came out.

Note to self....don't plastidip in the basement unless you intend on killing the whole family.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
i will probably be doing mine sometime soon as well, im deciding if i want to do them red, black, or white. my truck is white with black ones, if i paint them black they will just be matte

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just got my 2016 Rebel last weekend, tow hooks are off, red plasti dip and glossifier will be here as soon as the mail man gets here. Any minute now lol... I'll post another pic when it's done. The hooks are drying off in my sink. Did you plasti dip the entire hook, or just the part that sticks out past the bumper? I'm wondering if I should take all the hardware off the bolts so they don't peel the plasti dip off when I reinstall and turn the bolts

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I decided to plastidip my tow hooks this weekend. I used the glossifier to provide a "gloss" finish. Pretty happy with how they came out.

Note to self....don't plastidip in the basement unless you intend on killing the whole family. View attachment 8001
Sorry, forgot to quote you in my last post

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love the way it looks, but definitely taking off the plasti dip and doing this with red engine enamel. Plasti dip is great for getting and idea how it looks but I want to redo it with paint that's gonna stay on there longer

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did the gloss coating make the plasti dip durable? Will straps, shackles, or hooks peels or chip the plasti dip?
Yeah, doing this with plasti dip it's all just for looks. The second the hooks get used, that plasti dip is gonna come right off. Definitely looks cool, but use enamel or strong paint if you use your hooks for anything other than looks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Redid mine yesterday with red engine enamel. So much better. Quick sand down, wipe down with a little good old gasoline and a rag, sprayed 4-5 coats about 20 min between coats and put them back on within an hour later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Redid mine yesterday with red engine enamel. So much better. Quick sand down, wipe down with a little good old gasoline and a rag, sprayed 4-5 coats about 20 min between coats and put them back on within an hour later

What brand enamel did you use?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.