Ram Rebel Forum banner

If they were the same price, would you buy a flex fuel engine or regular gasoline?

• Flex Fuel

• Gasoline

• Either way, it doesnt matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason not to buy a Flex Fuel Engine compared to a gasoline only engine on a rebel?

I'm getting a pretty good deal on a flex fuel rebel, and I plan on using gasoline only in it.

Does it get less gas mileage using gasoline on a flex fuel engine? Does it have less horsepower or torque? Will the engine burn out faster?

Please let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
E85 is nice and I use it in my BMW because it's tuned for it, however it's 20-30% less efficient despite being a much higher octane. The price difference around me isn't worth using e85 in any flex fuel motor, plus I wanted the 5.7L.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Flex fuel so you know your safe when they start upping the ethanol sh*t. Ethanol is a corrosive so the more protection you can get the better.
The majority of cars/trucks now have fuel systems that can support ethanol.

·
Read Only
100 Posts
The majority of cars/trucks now have fuel systems that can support ethanol.
They can handle it to a point but what happens when they start upping the percentage? I've heard them talking about going up to 15-20% so if the motor is able to handle it the better you are. Ethanol is cheaper but you also get less mpgs so I wouldnt want to run the ethanol but you'll be cover for what ever changes they make down the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.