Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first new Dodge ever last month. Was told honestly it will get high teens and low twenties, depending on how I drive. Live out of town, so really only highway miles. Don’t really ever speed, and 12 has been the best. I have the 5.7 hemi. Have almost 4000 miles on it already. I sure miss my old truck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know how you drive or your conditions but that sounds very low to me. Being that you're up North do you let it idle alot to warm up? Even idling, it still seems low. I hope you figure out what's wrong. A trip to the dealer may be in order.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I know when it was cold a few weeks ago with freezing rain I had to let mine idle quite a bit and mine went way up to 19.2L/km. Normally it runs about 16-16.5. That’s running around town.
19.1 is 12.3 Mpg and 16.5 is 14

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm around 16-17 L/km myself with mostly city driving. I do the odd highway trip for my sons hockey.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am averaging 15.7 mpg right now. I let it warm up for about 2 minutes each morning. I have a 32 mile round-trip commute, which is about 90% highway miles. Last summer I averaged 17.2 with the same commute. The main difference is that I only let it warm up for about 30 seconds in the summer and not running winter blended fuel. This summer I'm going to try running ethanol free fuel for a tank. I don't want to run it all the time because it's almost $1 per gallon more than regular. But if the difference in fuel economy versus cost is negligible, I'd rather run the ethanol free. I expect to see an improvement with that fuel, but not a significant one.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I let mine warm up for 10 min sometimes longer. Ive been averaging around 14-15 mpg. I did notice that my tire pressure is almost 10 psi below the recommended level due to the cold and all. Havent gotten around to adjusting it to proper levels....too cold and all...and being lazy and all....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I used to get around 14-15 with my 14 Laramie, now I get 9-10 with my Rebel, go figure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And you want to add a heavy duty heavy ass bumper? Pick your poison...risk a deer or even worse gas mileage.
Lol, yep I want it all. This thing is never going to get mileage. Might as well try and keep it in one piece.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Cold weather will normally decrease gas mileage...as will moving these larger tires. I have 3700 miles on my Rebel and get 13ish in town and 16ish on the highway. Leaving in 2 weeks for a drive from MN to California...so hoping to get 17-18 once I stretch her out on the highway and in warmer weather. I've been a bit disappointed in the mileage overall...but since I have a smile on my face every time I get into the cockpit of my truck...I don't really mind. I didn't buy it for the mileage!

Reactions: RebelHemi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup same here. Brand new 2018 with only 650 miles on it and get only 11.7 MPG. All city but was hoping for a little better gas mileage.

Live in Houston but at least gas is currently pretty cheap. Wonder if I should take it back to the dealer and figure out why it’s missing the 15 mark by so much.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd say if you have less than 5,000 miles don't bother checking your mileage. Mine seemed to hit the break in period around 6500 miles. My mileage went from about 13.5 city to 16/16.4 average now.

I'm happy with that because A) it's got 285 AT tires, B) is a crew cab, and C) hauls Ass... All while getting better mileage than my old RCSB ram 1500.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure if the instrument cluster is the same in the 18s as it is in previous years but in the 18 you can go into the instrument cluster and watch mpg in real time along with being able to reset it. I reset mine when I go on road trips so I can eliminate my wife's 2 minute trips through town to work and my 5+ trips to the unlimited car wash each week :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts