Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening

I am a very new member and never have had any experience in forms. I recently bought a 2016 Dodge Ram Rebel fully loaded (I thought was fully loaded). Upon purchasing and signing the paperwork and becoming a proud owner I noticed the truck with all bells and whistles was missing the "Rebel instrument cluster" I asked the dealer where and why the cluster was not with the vehicle to which he responded with "that is a secondary option" I was pissed I already paid and signed for the truck (my fault for not reviewing) after leaving and speaking with some very smart and well known lawyer friends of mine I found out that with the wordage and the advertisement of the Dodge Ram Rebel current model and past, the instrument cluster or "rebel cluster" is presumed by the buyer through RAM advertisement to be "standard equipment" with the truck. I have thought long and hard and spoke with thoughts friends in the law and also in the motor vehicle realm and they all have said that there is ground for a class action lawsuit. With that knowledge I have already written to RAM about my unsatifactions and current intentions and the basis of the possible lawsuit. I am currently waiting for a reply. I know this sounds like a small fish trying to take on shark and it is, but i am frustrated with the fact that the basis of this stunning truck is the "Rebel name" idea and options. One would think that all "rebel" signatures would be standard for this line of truck and anything that optional with the "rebel" wordage would be standard seeing how it's the "Rebel 1500" and I for one feel that the options that must be requested or "added on" were the prime reasoning most of us bought this truck and what untilmatly realed us in. So in short I have started the process of what I think is a valid argument and possable lawsuit. I'm reaching out to the actual customer and lovers of this truck to hear if you think this a valid thing to pursue. Thank you for time and I hope I'm not looked at as a clown or some nut job. I just really feel like I got screwed over (yes again I should have reviwed) but the basis of the argument is that the things that are "optional" seems like they should be standard for a truck being advertised with them and separating them from all the other Dodge Ram lines. Thank you again. Hope I get some good feedback.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I fully believe that the truck shouldn't have the option of a Rebel cluster, it should be standard equipment.
I certainly don't think you're crazy for taking them on, not sure you will win, but, you might just change Ram's outlook on the cluster for future orders.

Best of luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sorry, but you need to get over it. You'll spend more money in legal fees than the few hundred dollars it takes to swap out the cluster. If you are doing this on a basis of principle, then I fault our legal system.

For someone to be able to "lawyer up" in a class action lawsuit for a $150 part on a $50K vehicle is ridiculous. This is the problem with today's judicial system. Frivolous lawsuits EVERYWHERE driving up the costs!

Instead of putting so much time into conversing with your lawyer friends, admit to your dealer that you misunderstood, and would like to WORK with the dealer and FCA to resolve the issue and get your cluster.

This would solve a few things- it would create a better relationship between you and your dealer for future business, you would get your cluster, FCA would get feedback and possible consider changing their marketing strategy, no one would get sued and we all would benefit fro one less frivolous lawsuit.

Soapbox rant over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol great view point. If I may I do not find it "ridiculous" I am actually rather close with the dealership seeing how it is my 4 truck (dodge) bought from them. I'm also not one to jump to lawyers on the contrary my thought process seems to from what I have read on your "rant" are the same. In the job I am in I see " frivolous lawsuits" all the time the majority against the other " employees" I work with. I have spent a few days reviewing and see some of the nit-picking that some of the owner here have mention may it be bumper issues, leveling from front to rear issues to other small matter of preference. So again if you are advertising a product as a "signature line" one would assume ( assumed used loosely) that all Rebel labeled product or "extra options" would be standard. Thank you for your insight and I even will try you suggestion and see were it may lead. But one point if I may, with alittle sense of humor. If I buy a hotdog and the picture shows it on a bun and the vender hands me a just the dog would you just gladly expect the dog or request what was advertised? Lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
After seeing several of these stories I feel lucky with my purchase. My headlights are crome and the ram logo on bed cover is small and not as advertised but everything else is there along with the floor mats. I agree the rebel badge should be included on entire truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good evening

I am a very new member and never have had any experience in forms. I recently bought a 2016 Dodge Ram Rebel fully loaded (I thought was fully loaded). Upon purchasing and signing the paperwork and becoming a proud owner I noticed the truck with all bells and whistles was missing the "Rebel instrument cluster" I asked the dealer where and why the cluster was not with the vehicle to which he responded with "that is a secondary option" I was pissed I already paid and signed for the truck (my fault for not reviewing) after leaving and speaking with some very smart and well known lawyer friends of mine I found out that with the wordage and the advertisement of the Dodge Ram Rebel current model and past, the instrument cluster or "rebel cluster" is presumed by the buyer through RAM advertisement to be "standard equipment" with the truck. I have thought long and hard and spoke with thoughts friends in the law and also in the motor vehicle realm and they all have said that there is ground for a class action lawsuit. With that knowledge I have already written to RAM about my unsatifactions and current intentions and the basis of the possible lawsuit. I am currently waiting for a reply. I know this sounds like a small fish trying to take on shark and it is, but i am frustrated with the fact that the basis of this stunning truck is the "Rebel name" idea and options. One would think that all "rebel" signatures would be standard for this line of truck and anything that optional with the "rebel" wordage would be standard seeing how it's the "Rebel 1500" and I for one feel that the options that must be requested or "added on" were the prime reasoning most of us bought this truck and what untilmatly realed us in. So in short I have started the process of what I think is a valid argument and possable lawsuit. I'm reaching out to the actual customer and lovers of this truck to hear if you think this a valid thing to pursue. Thank you for time and I hope I'm not looked at as a clown or some nut job. I just really feel like I got screwed over (yes again I should have reviwed) but the basis of the argument is that the things that are "optional" seems like they should be standard for a truck being advertised with them and separating them from all the other Dodge Ram lines. Thank you again. Hope I get some good feedback.
I agree, my ram rebel has the wrong cluster and head light bezels also , I called Chrysler customer service and they said that's how it was ordered . its like buying an srt and not having the srt instrument cluster , its should be standard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I say go for it and good luck! I think the dealership you purchased from should pony up and cover the cost for you. A Rebel should only come with a Rebel Cluster period!! That dealership should honour your purchase and do everything in there power to help you out. Which ever course you do decide to pursue....best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
This is where you find out what kind of a Dealer you got and what he or she is made of. I still haven't what is included in the 26w rebel package. That is where you should find the cluster
Good luck. I totally agree with you but without the Dealer behind you you got a hard row to homes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am now wondering which instrument cluster I have on mine, right above my guages the word rebel is there, is that what this is referring to or is there more to it?

·
Registered
330 Posts
As I've posted before, the marketing media I have on 2016 RAM trucks shows the "Rebel" cluster as standard. No if's, and's or but's. In everything I've ever seen in marketing by RAM themselves they promote that badging and cluster. Building a Rebel without it should be the option and not the other way around.

I am not an American and I agree that both Canadian and American court systems are overloaded with the dumbest of the dumb of excuses for lawyers trying to make work for themselves.

My first inclination would be to work with the dealer. I think you did that if I remember correctly. I don't blame you for talking with your lawyer friend about it. I think if I was an American and had this issue I'd consider this as well. I am not and I don't but good luck! Taking on a multi-billion dollar company with a legal budget that is bigger than the average annual income may not get you far but you might get them to take notice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be upset if I did not have the instrument cluster. I didn't realize when I bought my truck they made version a without. Lawsuit seems a bit over the top though. If one existed and it was easy to get on board to get the cluster why not. Otherwise I would likely just order the part and have it switched out if possible.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am now wondering which instrument cluster I have on mine, right above my guages the word rebel is there, is that what this is referring to or is there more to it?
The most obvious difference is that the Rebel cluster has red metal bezels around the gauges. If you don't have red rings you don't have the distinct cluster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think what it will come down to is that nobody was forced to buy the truck without the rebel instrument cluster. I went and looked at 6 different dealerships before ordering my truck. Each one of them had something I didn't like whether it was the 5.0 size display instead of the 8.4, the lack of Ram boxes, limited choice of colors, gear ratios. non- slip differential, dual climate controls and on and on. What it comes down to is we test drive the trucks and based on what the truck has we bargain a price with the dealer and agree on the terms for the sale. Hell I wish I had gotten the rear window defrost. That was a 195 dollar option then and now a fortune to install. Yes the instrument panel and the defrost are not the same but in some ways they are. I hope the lawyer buddy is a friend and will take on the case to help you because in the end a few hours with a lawyer will add up to far more than 1100 dollars and finding a large group that didn't get the cluster will be a challenge as I cant even find 2 people in my region that have the truck. The main website shows the rebel cluster in the brochure but doesn't list it as standard so it will be a hard fight and one they will not easily bow down to. I do wish you luck, I'm glad I came to this website first to know what to look for before shopping for my truck.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/pdf/brochures/15MY_Ram_1500_Rebel_eBrochure.pdf

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was hoping I could find something in the general Ram truck brochure about the Rebel instrument panel as well but on page 24 it lists the instrument panel as optional there as well. So hopefully the appeal to Ram customer service works out as we all want to be happy with our truck purchase. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As I am new to the group, I don't want to cause any waves. But in doing my research into my 2016 a Rebel, I couldn't locate one with everything I wanted in it. I spoke to my sales rep that I have been buying Chrysler products from the last 20 years. His first response was...."factory order it!". So I did that. On February 22 I sat in the dealership and went through the entire build request with my rep. Step by step.

Yes, the Rebel cluster is an option.....and it should be standard.....however when you go through the list, it says it. It shows it's an option on the Ram website Build & Price, on KBB's website, and even on the option page of the Ram 1500 printed brochure.

I just took delivery this past Monday, April 11. I reviewed the whole truck top to bottom, inside and out, under the hood and in the Ramboxes. Then I went inside to hand over my bank check and sign all the paperwork.

At this point....stop the attorney chat and lawsuit dreams....work something out with the dealership and swap out the cluster. It's the cheapest, fastest way to resolve it. Continue to share your story on forums and anywhere else, so that no one else oversees the same thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just went through the same thing with my rebel not having the rebel instrument cluster. What happens is during the the assembly process if they don't have the said parts they simply grab other parts to complete the truck and get it off the line. Unless your truck was specially built for you there isn't anything you can do. I had the owner of the dealership where I bought my truck from and 3 salesmen and myself all talking to the FCA about the issue and the dealership willing to pay for the new cluster and have it installed at absolutely no cost to me but the FCA won't let it happen because the equipment in the truck is coded to the VIN# of the truck and they will only ship the equipment the truck already has. So aside from your dealer taking the truck back and giving you another one there isn't a thing you can do. After it all the dealership offered to take my truck back and order me the exact truck I wanted but I just said screw it I'm keeping my truck the way it is. And dealership ended up giving me a nice dealership credit for parts and whatnot. That's how I know I deal with some pretty great people. Also I will add that here in canada the rebel instrument cluster is a STANDARD feature in them. Just live with it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE: I revived a rather surprising email from RAM staiting that they have received many email reguarding the same "frustration" I and many have had with the assumption that the Rebel comes standard with the "Rebel premium cluster". Let me just make it clear again, The specifications in my truck WERE selected by me and I fully understand I should have reviewed the purchase more thoroughly, my point is rather simple if the Rebel is a specific line and different then all other 1500 in the Ram lineup then one would assume the "rebel premium cluster" would come standard. I don't want you all to think I'm some idiot or big baby lol stomping up and down for not getting my way, yes it was a mistake on my part but something at 175 dollar add on fee in the initial purchasing of the truck should not cost almost 2grand to upgrade. Anyway the responding email stated that there is already a peddling class action lawsuit and in it the "cluster" argument is part of it. so looks like someone has already taken the charge. I've tried finding it online and can't, all I know is the lawsuit was started in California.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts