Ram Rebel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 8241 View attachment 8249 View attachment 8257 I did Rigid Q-Series driving and spots, with a 20" bar. As soon as GoRhino finally produces the actuator they came out with at SEMA 2015 for the Sport 2.0 rack (also launched there and took a year later than they said to come out), I'll do a 40" on the bar. Will also probably do some rear-facing lights.
Did you make or buy that switch panel for the auxiliary lights you added, and where did you get that sweet lighting for the cup holder? Beautiful truck all around, I can't wait to do some heavier mods to mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This link has changed on amazon to the opt7 20" light bar. Bought this one and realized it has a different type of mount and doesnt mount nicely behind the lower valance. I couldn't find the 22" anywhere on amazon so I ended up returning it and buying it directly from opt7.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 8241 View attachment 8249 View attachment 8257 I did Rigid Q-Series driving and spots, with a 20" bar. As soon as GoRhino finally produces the actuator they came out with at SEMA 2015 for the Sport 2.0 rack (also launched there and took a year later than they said to come out), I'll do a 40" on the bar. Will also probably do some rear-facing lights.
Love your truck, where did you find your running board? I've been in the market and was going to go OEM, but I like your look far better. Thanks! - C

·
Registered
68 Posts
Auxbeam 22" LED Light Bar 120W LED Spot Flood Combo Work Light Fog Lamp CREE Chips 5D Lens with Wiring Harness: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZBGMDQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For anyone considering this light bar. I installed this bar in the lower grill of my 18 Rebel. For the price of $54 w/ wiring harness it is a great deal - especially if you want to experiment a little before spending big money on a light bar. I am very satisfied with my installation.

FYI: I do have a HID head light bulb conversion kit installed. This light bar is not brighter than my HID head lights. It just throws more light all over the place. The spot portion of the light bar does out throw my headlights. But the light thrown is not nearly as "usable" even out past the headlights. I spent a good amount of time aiming the light bar and driving on pitch black wooded roads. The grill does prevent some of the light from being thrown.

I would recommend this light bar for 2 reason. Price and it comes with everything you need to install it.

Scale of 1-5
Build quality: 3 (for the price Auxbeam lights are totally adequate)
Brightness: 3
Spot pattern: 3 (the spot portion throws light well but the bar doesnt seem to be bright enough to out perform stock hi beams)
Flood pattern: 3 (similar to the spot pattern. the left and right flood patterns do throw wider light than the stock LED fog lights. However, the bar is not really bright enough to make huge difference)

Let me know if you would like pics.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
27 Posts
20" rough country mounted on the grill. Wasn't sure how well that was gonna hold it but it ended up being pretty solid. Ran the wire up under the RAM emblem and mounted the switch on the center console on the top left.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
27 Posts
How did u mount to grill ? Something you made something you purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used the side mounts the light came with, I had to get 2 longer bolts of the same M8x1.25, but 35mm long. As well as 2 larger diameter washers with an opening only slightly bigger then the bolts, the lock nuts that came with the lights mounting kit, and the smaller washers it came with as well. Aimed the brackets straight back and ran those bolts through the openings in the grill. Order went
bolt>small washer>light bracket>grill>larger washer>lock nut.

When I did it I was sort of experimenting and was surprised how well it lined up, and how firmly it holds in place. The lock nuts should keep it from working loose. Drove it around a bunch last night to see if it bounced or moved on its own and I'm happy to say it did not. Did all my running around today, mostly highway, but down a couple crap ass bumpy and snow rutted roads too. And its still solid. I've seen some brackets that do essentially what I've done here around, but this seems to be working very well. I'll be keeping an eye on it, if it starts to fail me I'll figure something else out but right now im feeling pretty good about it.

Light bars a 20" Rough Country dual row black series with DRL, so the mounts that came with are what I used. The pic of the bolt on the grill is just so show how the washer covers the entire opening on the honey comb.

Reactions: bfill_rebel

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used the side mounts the light came with, I had to get 2 longer bolts of the same M8x1.25, but 35mm long. As well as 2 larger diameter washers with an opening only slightly bigger then the bolts, the lock nuts that came with the lights mounting kit, and the smaller washers it came with as well. Aimed the brackets straight back and ran those bolts through the openings in the grill. Order went
bolt>small washer>light bracket>grill>larger washer>lock nut.

When I did it I was sort of experimenting and was surprised how well it lined up, and how firmly it holds in place. The lock nuts should keep it from working loose. Drove it around a bunch last night to see if it bounced or moved on its own and I'm happy to say it did not. Did all my running around today, mostly highway, but down a couple crap ass bumpy and snow rutted roads too. And its still solid. I've seen some brackets that do essentially what I've done here around, but this seems to be working very well. I'll be keeping an eye on it, if it starts to fail me I'll figure something else out but right now im feeling pretty good about it.

Light bars a 20" Rough Country dual row black series with DRL, so the mounts that came with are what I used. The pic of the bolt on the grill is just so show how the washer covers the entire opening on the honey comb.

View attachment 31085 View attachment 31086 View attachment 31087 View attachment 31088
Thanks for the response. Might have to give this a try. I was initially planning on removing lower grill in number and install light there. But lately the idea of having it up higher to better utilize the light has become more appealing and I’ve also noted how well the 20” bars fit in grill area below RAM letters.

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
27 Posts
Thanks for the response. Might have to give this a try. I was initially planning on removing lower grill in number and install light there. But lately the idea of having it up higher to better utilize the light has become more appealing and I’ve also noted how well the 20” bars fit in grill area below RAM letters.

yeah I had the same plan initially, actually one of the pictures on this thread made me like it, but I decided I wanted it higher, I was going to go behind the grill, but it being recessed like that would sort of remove its capacity to offer its flood light function. Im in Alaska, its dark as dark can get in the winters, and moose like to hang out off the road, flood capability is important for me for that reason so i went with the in front position.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts