Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm curious to see what your getting for your average MPG and what grade fuel your using to get it. Perhaps it will inspire others to try something different to improve the MPG on our trucks. Please post your AVG MPG, grade fuel, and any mod that would directly effect your fuel milage.

My Truck is a 2017, I'm averaging approximately 13.5 MPG ( all city stop / go ) and I use 89 octane. I have a Mopar cat back exhaust with Mopar cold air, and the hood direct intake mod from Mopar as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Wordy, but I think it's useful to know how people are getting different economy figures.

My overall average for the truck is 15.8 at the moment. I've done some towing and hauling with it, which drops the average a lot. Towing and heavy hauling accounts for about 1/8th of my total miles. I am not a wheel-spinning guy anymore, but I tend to get it up to speed quickly and then let the MDS engage. Most of my everyday driving is in a small town and on country roads, 45-55mph, or on local highways at 60-65. I make a run to the kids' house every few weeks, 140mi round trip, about 70% on interstate at 75mph and the rest at 50-55mph. On those runs I usually get 18.4-19.1mpg for the trip overall. If you haven't guessed, I reset my trip odometer for all these trips, just to see what it's doing. Makes the driving a little more interesting. :)

I use 89 octane at a small local Mobil, mostly, and when 89 isn't available, I'll dump in half a tank of 87 and stop again in 15-20 miles to mix in 89, because too much 87 does cause some knocking. And I put 93 in it a couple of times, but that's just throwing money away. I don't have it tuned with that kind of timing advance.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a 2016 Mopar 16 with about 4,500 miles. I hand calculate every fill up....have a spreadsheet actually....see below (I'm an coder/analyst by trade and cannot help myself). I'm averaging about 15.5 mpg....about 1 mph less that then what the EVIC says. I did the same thing on my 2014 Sport and I had 112 fill ups on the spreadsheet before I traded it in. It appears that I'm averaging about 1 mpg less on my 2016 Rebel Mopar 16 versus my 2014 Sport when you account for the same seasons.
Text Font Line Number Parallel

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me yes it's a additional 33 horsepower and you really feel it on the low end. I also like eliminating the top speed limiter and if you ever go bigger tires you can compensate for that. I read about Green Racing on the forums and you can find him on face book. He offers a more aggressive tune you can load on the diablo programmer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
15.0 on 89 mixed hwy and surface to work. Only at 1200 miles and it's still creeping up about .2 per day. Idling really eats the mileage like no other motor I've had. But I wouldn't trade it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The rear end in the truck and transmission can play a big role on the fuel economy as well as the modifications that are made and octane of the fuel. My 14 Ram 1500 Express 4x4 with the 6 spd auto trans and 3.55 gears had slightly better fuel economy then my 17 Ram Rebel 4x4 with the 8 spd auto trans and 3.92 gears.

I am currently getting 17.2 mpg avg on 87 octane gas at 1864 miles currently on the truck with a Flowmaster exhaust recently put on and a K&N that I will get put on soon.

I hope this info helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a bone stock 2017 Rebel with about 1800 miles on it. I've been seeing 15.8 - 16.4 on the EVIC. Fuel economy is the thing I miss most about the EcoDiesel I traded in for this truck. And interestingly enough, it's the only think I don't like about my Rebel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I came from a Jeep JKU, so my mileage is actually a little better than with the Wrangler. "Feels" worse with the bigger tank at fill-up time.
Funny, too - my Rebel tires are bigger but they look smaller.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Stock V6 Rebel. I log both what the dash reads for MPG and what the actual computed MPG is for each fill-up. I then reset the dash gauge after each tank of gas.

Average Dash Reading - 19.6 MPG
Average Actual MPG - 19.3 MPG

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.