Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I have my first light bar ordered and in route to the house I started building an expansion board last night. Here is as far as I got ...more pics to come..
20151129_111813.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20151130_201637.jpg
small expansion board for add-ons is done ✔

Reactions: Rebel.Law

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20151130_203026.jpg
and the first piece to run off the board is in..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My interest is officially piqued. Where's it going?
Lower grill. I am going to try and document the entire install for everyone.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)
I'm watching.

Did you have to remove the black plastic on the side to fit it in the lower grill?
Sneak peak....(yes)...I'll provide more pics of the steps later..
20151201_152047.jpg

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20151201_120745.jpg
20151201_131107.jpg

I started by just cutting out the mesh but with my light bar being just over 32" w/ the brackets attached I too Had to cut about halfway into each hard plastic side. This actually made everything easier in the end.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
20151201_152124.jpg
Here you can see how I cut over further. I used the short brackets I dread of the long crackers and pushed them in between the remaining plastic and the metal frame behind. The short brackets allowed me to use self taping screw. The long brackets would be too long and go past the metal backing and thus you would just screw into the plastic and there is no way to get back there to use a but/bolt. (pardon the picture. This was the initial mount before I went back and sanded the edges of the insert.) Also I Will pal t my self tapping screws to be black as well to better blend.

You can use long brackets and moi t toward the back but you will need brackets longer than the ones I have pictures here if you do that and it is kinda cramped when trying to get tools in from the backside. I did everything from the front mounting it this way.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
20151201_141117.jpg
final view...still have to back and paint the screws but left them for now so you could see where I screwed through the plastic into the frame

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Actually had a brain "fart" and redid part of it but it slides in nicely in front of the fuse box under the hood.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
592 Posts
Even someone with experience can have a moment of questionable work apparently
Well....the most experience I have with electrical is rewiring my boat trailer, not exactly a pro. Can't say I'd tackle your project, but I love to see how people with the smarts go about it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well....the most experience I have with electrical is rewiring my boat trailer, not exactly a pro. Can't say I'd tackle your project, but I love to see how people with the smarts go about it.
It isn't really that hard...just takes the patience to learn it.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts