Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Has anyone successfully installed the power wagon winch in a rebel bumper? I am looking to do this and would like to get some additional info before ordering all the parts in, attached says the complete assembly is 182 lbs and also wondering how that much weight on the nose might effect the ride? Currently running the BDS 6" Fox coilover kit

Text Line art Font Drawing Sketch
Text Design Font Parallel Diagram
Text Diagram Line art Design Font
Text Line art Line Font Illustration
Text Line art Diagram Line Parallel
Text Line art Motor vehicle Diagram Automotive design
Text Motor vehicle Diagram Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have always wondered the same, however, recently I have decided to order the ADD stealth R bumper and add the Warn Zeon 12-S platinum winch. After market bumper should weigh less than the OEM and the winch HOPEFULLY will fit with no problems! I elected to go with the synthetic rope on the winch to help save a few pounds too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Saying the synthetic will break at over 10k? If so, wonder why they would sell it if so. Worse case scenario, could I swap to steel later using the same winch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not that it will break over 10k, just Warn doesn't recommend using synthetic on a winch with 10k pull or higher. Winches designed for synthetic also have a brake that's mounted away from the line as the heat from the brake can cause the synthetic to deteriorate and the mount may be different, steel cables generally have a lug of some sort and synthetics are usually wound in through a hole and then held on by winding around the drum.

Warn Industries - Winch Rope for Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: Synthetic Rope

• For winches with 10,000 lb. (4535 kg) pull rating or less (excludes M8274-50)
Synthetic is also susceptible to UV deterioration, chemicals and fray easier then steel. Pros and cons to both, if you don't use the winch very often steel is the way to go. You could also contact Warn and ask them which winches are designed for synthetic/steel cables and get their recommendation for the application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.