Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a modification to the back windows power feature. I would like any opinions or advise no matter how small. I love the dual auto up and auto down switches for the front windows. This is a feature I feel was way over due. I love the fact you can one touch the switch and forget about raising or lowering these windows all the way. I want to do the same for the rear window switches. Is this feature just controlled by the switch, or, is it part of the motor, or, is it a computer chip or software? I'm hoping that someone knows without me ripping everything apart. I don't think my parts rep can help but he's looking into it for me as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks johnj.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You're welcome. The reason I said be careful to read well is that some modules do different things. The one I linked will also roll the windows up if the security alarm goes off. Some modules ONLY do that. Or other things.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My mopar guy has an answer for me. The front switches have a controller attached in the circuit board that allows for auto up and down. Both the front and back switches are in the same cuircuit board that the whole armrest controls are attached to. So it is possible to purchase a second armrest control panel for a few hundred then remove two front switches. Then you must find an electrical engineer from dodge to know what to change on the circuit board and rewrite the unit, voiding the warranty and hopping it works. So for me I guess I will leave it as is even tho I myself am a certified electrical engineer.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys in finding an aftermarket solution. I can't find the exact controller that has the features I want right now but hopefully in the future one will be available as a pnp devise or at least a wire in solution. The only risk is that the mod will disrupt the circuit board in the armrest module and put undue stress on the circuitry and fry something, so I'm going to give it some time and do some more research to get the right proven solution to my wanted modification. Thanks for helping tho guys.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
What features are you looking for in the windows? That module I linked, if you use it in 2-window mode, will do one-touch, alarm roll-up, and even "vent" mode for both windows.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want normal up and down and full up and down auto. Just the back windows to be the same as the front, both in function and appearance.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Then the module I linked is probably the right one. Give you one touch (I think that's what you'
calling auto), plus manual. And you just don't bother hooking upt the alarm wire to avoid the alarm auto-rolll-up function. Again, I'd read it carefully, but that's what it looks like to me. Maybe watch one of the youtube videos. Etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.