Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a bunch of mud in my engine area that kicked up from the wheel well. Is it ok to pressure wash the engine area?

·
Registered
567 Posts
i got a bunch of mud in my engine area that kicked up from the wheel well. Is it ok to pressure wash the engine area?
I've washed engines at a local car wash that has a special setting for engines and rims. It is much less powerful than a normal setting. If I were to do it at home I would make sure to use a tip that greatly reduces the pressure and I always stay away from the air filter

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've washed engines at a local car wash that has a special setting for engines and rims. It is much less powerful than a normal setting. If I were to do it at home I would make sure to use a tip that greatly reduces the pressure and I always stay away from the air filter
What he says, also, cover the spark plug end of the wires

·
Registered
20 Posts
Engine cleaners are fine however I only use them in a heavy greased engine. I also protect the paint when using a heavy degreaser like gunk. In your application there is no need. A bottle of simple green will work some magic and is much safer on your paint should you get any overspray.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cover the alternator with a plastic bag. Computer too. Simple green, a rang and a garden hose do wonders. I've never used a pressure washer on engines before.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The power purple by zep at lowes or home depot works great on hoses and plastic, tires too. Takes them back to a clean black and it doesnt stink like simple green. Good degreaser too. Been useing it on farm and costruction equipment for years.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
200 Posts
Don’t use a pressure washer. These new vehicles are heavily littered with computers and connectors, that are technically SPLASH proof, but not 3000psi pressure washer proof.
even lights and outlets in industrial equipmentcan seal against that, even though they usually claim to.
bucket of water and soap, thumb on a hose is all you should dare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts