Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Iv been having this problem with my air suspension. If the truck is sitting out in the driveway for a few days the front is always on its lowest setting and the back is at around normal height. And the truck will stay like that and it says normal on the screen. There is no air at all in the front I just got it back from dodge a week ago and they said they fixed the problem but I had to call a tow truck yesterday because the same thing happened. Have any one have this issue it's getting annoying. There's a picture attached

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No good!!! What did they say the problem was initially?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I heard on the phone it needed a update of some sort lol but this time they are gonna fill it with nitrogen. But when I went to dodge the other day there was 2 other trucks the same as mine with the front suspension just like mine with no air. I'm thinking it's due to the cold weather. I hope they have a fix !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Man I'd consider looking into the lemon law!
Just checked it out myself and it blew the fuse again. I used the 40 amp for the power locks just to see and it worked. It's blowing the same fuse everytime must be something with the electrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'd have to agree. If you've blown that many fuses, there's something not right. Dealership needs to deal with that. A call to FCA might get the dealership energized.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd have to agree. If you've blown that many fuses, there's something not right. Dealership needs to deal with that. A call to FCA might get the dealership energized.
Just got back from the dealership and they actually told me there is no fix!!! I nearly lost it. They say the vent freezes in the colder weather. I'm located in Newfoundland Canada and they say the truck wasn't really tested in colder climates lol I don't know if they know what they are even talking about. But how can you sell a vehicle when you can't even use it during colder climates. Blows my mind after spending so much money. I have a garage I can park it there but why should I have to do that, it's a truck. I need to contact someone who can figure this problem out. There's also couple more trucks just like mine with the same problem sitting out in the parking lot. So everytime it gets cold and the vehicle is sitting outside for a few days the vent freezes and you have to replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a thread here from a couple years ago on Rams and Jeeps that seems to confirm.

Air Suspension Question - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Thanks I contacted dodge Canada corporate office and told them my situation and I also told them it's very unsafe with my two kids aboard the front suspension just gives out. I have to bring my truck back to dodge when I return from work and they are gonna see what they can do. Dodge Canada are gonna contact the dealership and see what the problem is and how they could fix it. I still don't think they have a fix but hopefully they can do something if not I will take it further. Also I found the 2 vents for the system the mechanic told me where they were. They are located on the passengers side taillight, take the taillight off and the 2 hoses are there. One that sucks in has a air filter on it. He told me that freezes but mine was bone dry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the air system have check valves in it? What type of check valves and are they lubricated with grease, what type of grease is used if any. Sticking check valves can cause similar problems, it would be worth asking and asking and asking about

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may have answered my own question and here is more info. It's a closed loop system the vents n the tail light are not part of this system logic wants to tell me that maybe they are the breathers for the rear axle.

This is the system diagram, take it to dealer with you and have them point out the tubes behind the tail light, they want to make you feel dumb and when you arm yourself the BS stops very quickly.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
:) You've solved a bit there already. Yes, there are check valves in the closed system. It doesn't run it's pump/compressor all the time, only when needed. Basically it moves nitrogen to the suspension as needed to keep the truck level, and then pumps it back to the storage tank when not needed. Check valves are required to keep the nitrogen in the tank and in the bladders, because there are pressure differences between the suspension air bladders and the tank. You even have pressure differences between the front and rear bladders.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm really, really glad you mentioned you're from Newfoundland. I'm in Paradise and I had actually posted in the Purchasing section about being wary of the air suspension system in the cold climate. I haven't purchased yet, I'll be very interested in how this plays out for you.

What part of the province are you from?

Derf

·
Registered
29 Posts
I found this on another forum, not sure how accurate it is as it's 3rd party info. Will be asking the dealer about this before I buy anything.

@resdoggie Have you been having any similar issues?

IMG_3614.PNG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Derf, too new to say but it was working good yesterday at -10C in all ride positions. If the system is a "closed loop" type I don't see how air can enter as its under pressure as some others have indicated. There is probably a fill valve and an over pressure relief valve if the system can actually over pressurize itself. I don't know anything about this system except that closed loop systems all have similar design characteristics.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts