Ram Rebel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well ****. I hate to read all this..lol.
I've had my 2017 rebel since last summer. Never once had an issue. I live in NC and Saturday I was casually driving and the error message for suspension servicing popped up. Pulled over tried to raise or lower and it appeared that the front dropped and back went to off road position.
Mind you it was 90°F so cold weather wasn't an issue. Once I got home, I found the 40amp compressor fuse popped. I changed it and everything seemed fine Sunday afternoon... However this morning the truck was again lower in the front but the fuse wasn't popped. I went out a few mins ago and couldn't get it to raise or lower until a few trys.At one point when I touched the manual buttons it wouldn't even say raising or lowering on the dash.
The back hissed a few times then everything seems to work again.
I have an appointment at the dealership this Eve for service.. I'm now scared that whatever they find that this could happen with my camper towing next time.
How did this end up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I pulled the 3 fuses last night thinking that would help. Nope, truck was sitting on the rear bump stops again this morning. Put the fuses back in and aired right back up. Dealer said it shouldn't be doing that since they replaced the valve block. Well wtf!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
. Well I have semis truck trailers. All the time winter. . Common problem. Moisture freeze 8nside valves brake lines . U named. We adding alcohol .. Shelving problems... Maybe not so good for rubber parts... And gaskets... But.. F. A. K. My 2015 dodge 1500 ram.. So many trouble.. I will kik. Tah lite and just add alcohol 8n system.... Will help. Hope .. Will forget about riding donkey ... Filling... When susp is down...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Rebel. First winter was OK. The past 3 winters have given me nothing but headaches when the temperatures drop below 0. I have replaced 6 or 7 fuses this winter alone. Last week, truck dropped completed and is leaning to passenger side. Spoke with FCA Customer Care and it needed to be diagnosed first before they could do anything. Spent $158 on a diagnosis I already new. Blown air bag on right rear and compressor blown. Called FCA Customer care back and seeing what they can do. Estimated cost to repair is $2709 plus tax. Oh, and there is a back order on the air bags. I love my truck but this is an issue. Never air suspension again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2015 Rebel. First winter was OK. The past 3 winters have given me nothing but headaches when the temperatures drop below 0. I have replaced 6 or 7 fuses this winter alone. Last week, truck dropped completed and is leaning to passenger side. Spoke with FCA Customer Care and it needed to be diagnosed first before they could do anything. Spent $158 on a diagnosis I already new. Blown air bag on right rear and compressor blown. Called FCA Customer care back and seeing what they can do. Estimated cost to repair is $2709 plus tax. Oh, and there is a back order on the air bags. I love my truck but this is an issue. Never air suspension again.
I have a 2016 and I am scared to get these problems also...

O Celcius or 0 Fahrenheit?
Do you have a warranty to cover these cost? Or is FCA paying part of it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Honestly its cheaper just to swap it to coilovers with that price

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 and I am scared to get these problems also...

O Celcius or 0 Fahrenheit?
Do you have a warranty to cover these cost? Or is FCA paying part of it?
Celcius.
No warranty on it as I am at 96,000km. Warranty covers to 60,000km. But FCA is looking into what they can do to help. Customer Care has been very nice on the phone. No complaints with their customer care thus far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Celcius.
No warranty on it as I am at 96,000km. Warranty covers to 60,000km. But FCA is looking into what they can do to help. Customer Care has been very nice on the phone. No complaints with their customer care thus far.
Ok thanks. Good to know.

How did you contact FCA customer care? Just by email or phone?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Celcius.
My experiences with RAM customer care have been shockingly OUTSTANDING. Believe or not it is one reason I chose to buy another RAM truck. I have worked with them on a few other things as well. Sometimes it felt like I was calling a Chick fila the service was so good.

I had an issue on a 2014 1500 outdoorsman - the dealer would not cover my problem under warranty because they claimed the tech would not get paid properly......long story short after two phone calls with RAM they 100% covered my $600 because they claimed the dealer was not in the right to charge me a dime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do what I and many others have done and just eliminate the air ride all together it is a fairly simple task I did mine in a day along with replacing upper and lower control arms (unrelated) at least you will have lifetime warranty on the new front shocks if you buy decent ones and coil springs are cheap for the rear .. (and will not fail like the air ride) might as well lift the truck up a bit too while your doing the work.

I’m in New Brunswick the cost for me to buy my parts and do the work myself was around $1000 my truck is much more dependable now.
Once the problems start they don’t just end and it’s not just a winter problem .. mines failed in the summer too. But it’s worse in winter
Can you share a parts list you used to eliminate the Air ride?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Iv been having this problem with my air suspension. If the truck is sitting out in the driveway for a few days the front is always on its lowest setting and the back is at around normal height. And the truck will stay like that and it says normal on the screen. There is no air at all in the front I just got it back from dodge a week ago and they said they fixed the problem but I had to call a tow truck yesterday because the same thing happened. Have any one have this issue it's getting annoying. There's a picture attached
I have the exact same truck and im at 66000km now so no more warranty. And the suspension is doing the same thing . Really annoying. Im in manitoba and really cold wheater here. Going to the garahe this week to get it fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm really, really glad you mentioned you're from Newfoundland. I'm in Paradise and I had actually posted in the Purchasing section about being wary of the air suspension system in the cold climate. I haven't purchased yet, I'll be very interested in how this plays out for you.

What part of the province are you from?

Derf
Im from manitoba and have the same issue down here. Suspension suck baddly and its been 2 times now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum and could use some help. I have a 2013 1500 with the dreaded air ride. The rear end drops to the bump stops when it is parked for several hours. It will raise and seem to operate as it should after its started up, though sometimes seems to be fairly slower then it normally was. Dealer thinks its compressor and its over $2000 to have new on installed. I"m not sure that is the issue and the extended warranty they are saying wont cover it. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to resolve it? It is below 32F here but it has also done it on days with temps of 40F plus. Also considering an air to coil conversion as much as id rather not if this is an issue every winter like some on here have had with their trucks. If anyone has done the coil conversion what are your thought on the set up you chose. Mine is on pavement 95% of the time and haul a 6000lb travel trailer from time to time. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went at the dealership last night same thing. And they even told me that alot of owner of the rebel or buying a normal suspension instead of fixing the air suspension since if you dont have warranty anymore you will just pay and pay and pay all over again. Those suspension are not mint for cold weather. The dealership told me i would be more winner to change all my suspension back for a normal one. Cost is around 3000$

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went at the dealership last night same thing. And they even told me that alot of owner of the rebel or buying a normal suspension instead of fixing the air suspension since if you dont have warranty anymore you will just pay and pay and pay all over again. Those suspension are not mint for cold weather. The dealership told me i would be more winner to change all my suspension back for a normal one. Cost is around 3000$
3k? What are putting on there and where are you taking it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a recall where dodge replaces the compressor and lines. At least in Canada there is. I had this done and the last two years have been great. Now I loose air, but running it for a few it airs back up, only have issue when sitting for a while. Dealership doesn’t know what wrong now. No leaks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is a recall where dodge replaces the compressor and lines. At least in Canada there is. I had this done and the last two years have been great. Now I loose air, but running it for a few it airs back up, only have issue when sitting for a while. Dealership doesn’t know what wrong now. No leaks.
I have a 2016 (Canada) but I don’t see any recall for this when I checked online :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 (Canada) but I don’t see any recall for this when I checked online :-(
I had my compressor & lines changed under recall about two years ago. I would contact your dealer and ask them. If they say your truck already has the update, then cool. Otherwise maybe call another dealer. Mine was done in central AB. But now having a different issue, the first one was a problem with the compressor running all the time and over heating & blowing a fuse. Now it just lets the rear suspension down when sitting and off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is no recall for your suspension. I recently had taken my 2016 Rebel to the dealership for air-suspension work ( under warranty ) and they had to replace all 4 bags and the compressor. They also purged ( removed and reinstalled ) all the nitrogen from the system up to 5 times to make sure everything was 100% and no moisture. But the Head Tech told me that since 2016 FCA would only allow them to replace what was leaking and only purge the system a Max of 3 times to remove moisture. Even though Dodge knows of the problems in Cold Climates with the system they wont offer any thing ( discount ) on changeing out to a Normal suspension at a price of $ 3900.00 CDN. For a real kick in the Balls ... once you change the suspension from AIR to Normal your warranty on any suspension parts are now VOID.

kissmydish

·
Registered
28 Posts
But now having a different issue, the first one was a problem with the compressor running all the time and over heating & blowing a fuse. Now it just lets the rear suspension down when sitting and off.
there is moisture in your system or one if not more of your bags could have a leak . If you still have warranty take it back to the dealership and have them fix it.

kissmydish

181 - 200 of 200 Posts