Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about this in other locations, want to tie it all together in the correct location.

We have a lot of highways in the NE filled with Ricers, Smokers, Hot Rods, Etc.....seems everyone is making a 'performance' truck these days and regardless if it was build for sand dunes or mud bogs, they all end up on the highway sooner or later wrestling for position at merges, on ramps, open highway passing, etc.....

I recently moved down from a 3500 Dually that had a few mods to it making it a little zippy for an 8,800 lb truck...so with that in mind...I decided my rebel needed more get up and go! I call it Raptor Eater because I do have a few friends who do nothing but tell me how Raptors are essentially the second coming of Jesus and that I should have bought one of those instead ;)

So I just finished up the procharger installation on my 2016 Rebel and my god...what a huge difference so far. I have to resist the urge to be juvenile with it until I get some miles on it and everything gets settled in. This pretty much completes the major mods I wanted to do with the truck....

Mods list (not sure if some of these things even count)
Hood Stripes
Tinted front windows
Added the ez tail gate thing
2 inch wheel spacers
MagnaFlow Exhaust
ProCharger 7 PSI kit

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've posted about this in other locations, want to tie it all together in the correct location.

We have a lot of highways in the NE filled with Ricers, Smokers, Hot Rods, Etc.....seems everyone is making a 'performance' truck these days and regardless if it was build for sand dunes or mud bogs, they all end up on the highway sooner or later wrestling for position at merges, on ramps, open highway passing, etc.....

I recently moved down from a 3500 Dually that had a few mods to it making it a little zippy for an 8,800 lb truck...so with that in mind...I decided my rebel needed more get up and go! I call it Raptor Eater because I do have a few friends who do nothing but tell me how Raptors are essentially the second coming of Jesus and that I should have bought one of those instead ;)

So I just finished up the procharger installation on my 2016 Rebel and my god...what a huge difference so far. I have to resist the urge to be juvenile with it until I get some miles on it and everything gets settled in. This pretty much completes the major mods I wanted to do with the truck....

Mods list (not sure if some of these things even count)
Hood Stripes
Tinted front windows
Added the ez tail gate thing
2 inch wheel spacers
MagnaFlow Exhaust
ProCharger 7 PSI kit

My only concern with prochargers is running on if you go through sand graven and mud/dirt. Or snow with lots of slush and road salt. Its rather exposed is it not? and my only concern would be damaging it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No more exposed than millions of intakes since they start making internal combustion motors. I have kicked around the idea of adapting the Mopar cold air box and or mods to the stock box to enclose the element and installed hood vents....however...this truck is a highway warrior, it isn't going to be blasting through rocker deep mud holes.

·
Registered
426 Posts
No more exposed than millions of intakes since they start making internal combustion motors. I have kicked around the idea of adapting the Mopar cold air box and or mods to the stock box to enclose the element and installed hood vents....however...this truck is a highway warrior, it isn't going to be blasting through rocker deep mud holes.
lol I see. I went with a closed in CAI for the very reason of going through sand and dirt, was just checking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
13 yrs running....it's always a good time and has grown quite a bit. Almost 80 people showed up last year.....good thing I have a lot of grill space since it is just a little BBQ party for all my car friends ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick update....using rudimentary performance figures of 0-60 happy to say the truck now runs a best of 4.98 seconds to 60...thanks to a now working belt tensioner on the procharger! (Procharger sent me a new one in the mail to replace the one that was not quite working). Not too bad for a bolt on modification using canned tunes!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.