Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been kicking around getting custom tags for the rebel...."RPTR-ETR"

But before doing it...I figure I should be able to back that up a little.

Well.....here it is....I've finally got all the little bits and pieces, kit, hand held, tunes, spark plugs.....installing it next week!

I am chomping at the bit to get this part of the project done....it's all I can think/talk about this week :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I 'was' planning on keeping the air ride. Most of the raptor you run into in the NE are found driving on the freeways and not the sand dunes. So with a performance bump in HP it should be enough to teach a few of them not to underestimate the old guy in the dodge ;).

Plus I was forced to buy this truck because I needed something that would fit in parking garage in downtown areas so I don't see myself getting rid of the air setup. However it does turn out the Mrs apparently gets motion sick so I am thinking about changing the air ride links to lower (or maybe raise) the stance over all and see if the firmer/harsher ride reported helps deal with her stomach better.

With that said.....this thing has wheel hop already from a stop....so I have just started reading up to see if there are track bars than can be used with such a highly adjustable suspension setup.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I 'was' planning on keeping the air ride. Most of the raptor you run into in the NE are found driving on the freeways and not the sand dunes. So with a performance bump in HP it should be enough to teach a few of them not to underestimate the old guy in the dodge ;).

Plus I was forced to buy this truck because I needed something that would fit in parking garage in downtown areas so I don't see myself getting rid of the air setup. However it does turn out the Mrs apparently gets motion sick so I am thinking about changing the air ride links to lower (or maybe raise) the stance over all and see if the firmer/harsher ride reported helps deal with her stomach better.

With that said.....this thing has wheel hop already from a stop....so I have just started reading up to see if there are track bars than can be used with such a highly adjustable suspension setup.
*cough* Long travel suspension *cough*

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly....if/when I need to go offroad....the wife's jeep is more than capable. She's a geologist so she gets to play in the mud, dirt, primitive roads, fields more than I do with my office job ;)

This poser shot is probably the most offroad this truck will see

A lifetime ago I would go wheel'in all the time....and with the old 5.9 in my 2500 always wished for a little more get up and go.
This truck reminds me a little bit of my old rig...so decided on the ole 'hidden' performance build with it ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
I did a 6 inch lift with longer arms on the Rebel cause I go offroading just about every other weekend and drive down a fire trail to get to work. Just need a tune and maybe a power pack from Arrington as well as a turbo or supercharger and ill have my own raptor killer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where in New England are ya? Let me know how the new mods run! I just got my Rebel last week in north central MA. I love it! But also looking to do at least an air intake, maybe more if it will help.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.